Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsmummy
Excited about Disney

Awful start to the year, pixie dust needed please

So this has been the most awful start to the year that I can remember for a long while. It's the start of a new year without my beloved best friend who passed away last year after a long, hard fought battle with cancer.

Her birthday was on Wednesday and I was just about prepared for it when we got a call at 6:30 in the morning to say my hubby's cousin (only 37) had had a heart attack and was in a bad way. Although he's a cousin they are more like brothers as they grew up together and are super close.

We all rushed to hospital and he's clinging on for his life with his fingertips. He's had several cardiac episodes and the hospital have been amazing and given him so much care and the best chance at life. He's currently in ICU and has so many amazing nurses looking after him. He's currently sedated but as they try to bring him round he's having seizures. So we've been told that he's to have a brain scan tomorrow and on Tuesday we'll find out whether there is any damage and if there is any hope at survival. His heart stopped 12 times in the ambulance between hospitals that we know of, but it must be more as this was after his first heart attack.

To say I'm terrified is an understatement and I need to be strong and support my husband. But I just can't stop the feeling of dread in my stomach. And I've got to go to work as we can't afford to both take unpaid time off, so I feel awful leaving him.

I just needed to get this off my chest as I have no one to talk to, as my one friend that I could offload to is the one who isn't here.

Any good thoughts and pixie dust would be much appreciated.

And can I just say, please take your health seriously as we found out he'd had chest pains for a couple of days and dismissed them. Even on the day of his heart attack he took two paracetamol rather than call a doctor until it was too late. That's the saddest part of the story.

Again, thanks for letting me ramble.

Sarah

Edited at 11:16 PM.
scottsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sending lots of love and wishes. I've done the ICU dance, I can empathise with how exhausted and helpless you must be feeling. Take care x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Sending pixie dust your way. Xx
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Sending thoughts, prayers and pixie dust all round xx
Button17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you all xx
honeybun1989 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Sending positive thoughts to you all.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Sending love and positive thoughts x
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Pixie dust heading your way, try to stay positive. 🧚🏻
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Pixie dust
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsmummy
Excited about Disney

Thank you all, it's much appreciated.

I'm hoping for a miracle.