Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 13 and 14 villa, Disney Springs and home

So our last full day - the plan said Magic Kingdom with a meal at Crystal Palace but we all decided we wanted to relax by the pool and just eat and drink what we had in the villa (which was loads).

Not a lot going on at all except a lot of this:

I packed all the luggage ready with a struggle to get the shopping in as per usual. And we tried to clear the fridge of food and alcohol but ended up leaving a lot.

We had so many plans to do so much this trip but we seemed to tire so quickly. It seemed so much hotter than the other times we had been in August. We were ok with changing our plans though and knew one day we would be back (although it may be just me and Paul on our next trip). Sometimes you just have to listen to your bodies and have more rest days than originally planned.

Nothing much to report so I will carry on with the worst day of the holiday - the trip home

Our usual last day of going to Disney Springs for food and shopping.

We finally found the Lime garage realising we had to go back on ourselves.

We were planning on having lunch and decided on D Burger as we hadn’t been there before. We called at Mac for a lipstick first and Beth returned her foundation to Sephora as even though it had been matched to her skin, when she tried it herself she found it too light.

The food was quick at D Burger and very nice. We all and a burger each, Paul had fries with his and me and Beth shared fries.

A final look round World of Disney and I bought a bracelet, more mugs (!) and Beth got a gift for her boyfriend.

A sad walk back to the car and off to the airport.

I won’t dwell on the journey but we were at the airport in plenty of time. I couldn’t find a Starbucks or anything like that before security so we ended up grabbing a coffee from Dunkin Doughnuts. Through security where Beth was stopped for an extra search as she had put the Star Wars coke bottle in her hand luggage.

On the flight we were in Dibbers row. There was family in the 2 rows in front of us with a small boy in front of us by the window, the dad in the aisle seat and the mum in the centre seat. The grandparents were in front of them with a note family member. The woman was complaining that her seat was wet and was asking to be moved to Premium Economy. The head steward came over and checked and said the flight was full and there was only 1 seat free in PE and that was downstairs it was welcome to move to that seat. The woman wasn’t happy and wanted them all to be moved as she didn’t want to leave her son (fair enough). I’m had stalked the flight for months and it was full so I don’t know what she expected would happen as they weren’t going going to move people from PE to economy so all her family could have a free upgrade. They brought some plastic for her to sit on then another steward came and told her that the head steward had authorised her to issue 10,000 air miles but the woman said she wasn’t going to fly Virgin again so I have no idea of the outcome. Whilst this was going on her dad (I assume) offered to swap them round so he sat in that seat but I noticed her his and didn’t offer! She wasn’t uncomfortable for long though as sne moved to the aisle, he husband to the window and they put the small boy in the middle wet seat

Anyhow, a small g and t went down well.

The dad in front of me decided to recline to whole of the flight including for the meal service so I was really uncomfortable and felt extra hemmed in. I had a bit of a turn and had to get out - I have diabetes and think my blood sugar was slow so I went and had my injection and sat in the air steward’s seat at the back whilst she got me some water. I just felt so awful and got all teary. She offered me oxygen but I declined and just sat for a while. My lovely daughter Beth offered to sit imp my seat by the window so I sat by the aisle and felt so much better.

It was at that point I decided that next time we were flying Premium Economy or row 75 of the bubble only.

Breakfast was yak as usual and so after we landed we grabbed a few bits from WHSmiths.

No trip until 2013 as Beth has been offered a place on a vet med course at the University of Surrey so our money will be tied up for a while. It will probably be just me and Paul and I have already started looking at either Grand Floridian, The Polynesian or Yacht Club.

Thanks for reading
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Sounds like a good last day (except for the flight!). I'm off to look for the rest of your report. I seem to have started at the end!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List