Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Mar 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

unauthorised charges on PayPal from Nintendo

Last night I had 2 transactions on my sons PayPal account for £79.99. These were charged to my PayPal as a "pre approved" payment. I changed all the pass words straight away however Paypal said its an authorised transaction and wont dispute it. . My sons Nintendo account was hacked from Italy and we can see the transactions from Italy . Any ideas of what I could do
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Dispute it with Paypal. They can't tell you it was authorised when you didn't authorise it. Contact Nintendo store.nintendo/articles/contact-us.list
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

It surprises me about PayPal as they are usually really good. I’d definitely dispute it again. Make sure you change passwords on the Nintendo and PayPal just to be sure and maybe don’t have pay pal automatically linked (Not sure if that is possible).
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

This is one of the reasons I never stay signed in on paypal or any other sites ,bit of a pain to always sign in to buy things but at least no one can hack it and buy things automatically
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Dispute it with Paypal. They can't tell you it was authorised when you didn't authorise it. Contact Nintendo store.nintendo/articles/contact-us.list
They said it was pre approved , I had only used Nintendo and PayPal together once before in 2018 when we paid for a subscription and never been used since.

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
It surprises me about PayPal as they are usually really good. I’d definitely dispute it again. Make sure you change passwords on the Nintendo and PayPal just to be sure and maybe don’t have pay pal automatically linked (Not sure if that is possible).
I was shocked I even have screen shots it was initiated via Italy and America they dont even want to see them my bank are in shock and offered to stop the payments but then I would have issues with Paypal

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
This is one of the reasons I never stay signed in on paypal or any other sites ,bit of a pain to always sign in to buy things but at least no one can hack it and buy things automatically
II have learnt my lesson I bought everything with pay pal I just feel robbed
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I found paypal very good when I had to dispute a payment slightly different to yours (item quality),but it was very long winded took about 6 weeks, so be prepared that the money wont come straight back to your account if it has already left,hopefully because you have queried it they will put it on hold until it has been investigated.
just a thought its not a subscription that they have renewed?it happened to my son with playstation and they re used his card details from last time without permission,he got on to them and played hell the money was refunded with in 2 hours,I think they sometimes do it because people are usually going to buy a new subscription anyway so dont complain but my son could get it cheaper elsewhere
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Do you have 2 factor authentication setup on paypal and nintendo. If not check this out nintendo/Support/N...-1466677.html#
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Just read the following online... PayPal Payment Services
You can use the Resolver system to help you at every stage. You can use it to escalate your issue to all two levels of PayPal complaints. If your complaint is not resolved by PayPal, you can then package it up and send it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Escalate it, I had to do this and won in the end. Just took a bit of perseverance.
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
was shocked I even have screen shots it was initiated via Italy and America they dont even want to see them my bank are in shock and offered to stop the payments but then I would have issues with Paypal
If your bank can stop it then do that.

PayPal will then pay attention. Let them prove you had approved it.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List