Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Mar 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mobile Hypothetical ticket situation.

What with countries banning travel and cities closed down etc none of us know what is going to happen regarding our upcoming holidays.

Flights may be covered if the Fco ban travel to the US so airlines ‘should’ refund us all.

As for hotels I think everyone is different. I think I can cancel mine up until near enough the travel date, if a hotel was booked as a package with your flight you are covered under Atol or Abta but if you paid upfront with no cancellations allowed your left hoping your insurance covers it.

Theme park tickets are non refundable so do you think Disney, Universal, Busch etc will do the right thing and allow the tickets to be used for another date or even next year or will they just say ‘tough’ and there’s nothing they can do.

I just wondered how things would pan out if the worst were to happen.
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My personal thought is that they will allow it to be used at a later date. Obviously that’s just my opinion.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by iang27 View Post
if a hotel was booked as a package with your flight you are covered under Atol or Abta
ATOL / ABTA provide cover in the case of company failure, they will not provide pandemic related refunds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolarose
Earning More Ears

I received an email from OTD that you can amend your tickets pre-departure. Who did you book with?
I think it's amazing that they're offering free cancellation if you upgrade your tickets. I'd much rather lose a tenner per person or however much it is than hundreds.

First visit 18 years ago and many more since!

Love to hear tips and news
Lolarose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine is annual pass to use May. If I can’t go lost £1700 on tickets
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgirlx
New Poster (4)

I received an email from AtttractionTickets.com (used to be Attraction Tickets Direct) to advise they have reduced the price of their Flex Plus cover. I was hesitant before to purchase my tickets as didn't want to lose lots of money if we couldn't travel, however this made it much easier for me to decide. It is just £15.00 extra on the combo ticket and gives us peace of mind that we shall be able to receive a refund on our tickets, we will have only spent £15 each if we cannot travel or we can change our tickets to next year free of charge too - although so so hope that doesn't happen, I need my Disney fix!
princessgirlx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

For Disney I would expect them to follow the same policies as they have put in place for Asia. For dates tickets booked direct they were automatically refunding, for ticket through agents you had to contact the agent. We can only wait and see.

PS :Shanghai Disney Resort will partially resume operations on March 9, 2020 with a limited number of shopping, dining, and recreational experiences available in Disneytown,
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you booked a package and the travel agent is unable to provide the holiday you booked (eg. due to travel restrictions) then that travel agents must provide a suitable alternative or a full refund. That *should* be written into your terms an conditions. For example, if you booked a package with Disney then it states, "In the event of any Unavoidable or Extraordinary Circumstance then unfortunately we reserve the right to cancel your Booking at any time and refund you all monies paid (no additional compensation will be due to you)".

Equally, if you booked a flight only and that flight cannot be provided then the airline should offer an alternative or a refund. However, the problem here is that it doesn't cover the hotel and/or park tickets. If WDW remains open but the UK restricts travel to the USA then your flight should be covered but not the hotel and park tickets. That's where insurance can/might apply.

If WDW closes then I suspect Disney would either have to refund your money or offer an alternative (such as allowing you to change 2020 tickets to 2021 tickets).

Most tickets bought in the UK are valid for the year. A 2020 Ultimate ticket can be used at any time in 2020. So there should be no problems using the tickets at another time this year. Same applies to Universal tickets. The American tickets are a different matter - I'm not sure about delaying the start of those.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Most tickets bought in the UK are valid for the year. A 2020 Ultimate ticket can be used at any time in 2020. So there should be no problems using the tickets at another time this year. Same applies to Universal tickets. The American tickets are a different matter - I'm not sure about delaying the start of those.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking exactly the same. The tickets I purchased from attraction tickets are valid for 2020. They are not activated until you visit a park therefore there is no need to change the dates. You just need to use them in 2020
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

We have deposits down for our tickets booked through Orlando Attractions and don’t need to pay just yet but they are £3000. We can’t reschedule for another time in 2020. I’m really unsure what to do. Obviously, will wait and decide nearer the time but currently thinking it might be best to just lose my deposit and rebook for next year, even if we still go and just have a villa holiday instead. We’ve booked everything separately so no idea what would happen in regards tickets and refunds etc.😫
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List