Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Mar 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Dining Plan offer 2021 predictions

I’ve seen a few posts speculating what the free dining promotion will entail for stays during 2021 so I thought I would share my theory (or hope lol)

I think that given it is a special celebration year and that we have already seen a rise in hotel/ticket costs I think that something out of the norm will be offered.

My guess is that there will be a change in the tier system used...

I think that free breakfast at the all stars will remain the same

Pop and AOA will now include the QSDP (as they are coming up about £500-800 more than the all stars now!)

Moderates will include the standard DDP

And deluxe will offer the new DDP+

To me that makes complete sense, I know there are those saying that an incentive is not needed to entice people during the 50th but I disagree. This maybe the case for our American friends across the pond who have the scope to visit more frequently but I’m sure that the 50th may actually put off some brits. Some brits are likely to delay their “once in a lifetime trip” until a year or so after the celebrations for fear it will be too busy.

Sometimes I think that us lucky peeps on the dibb who go relatively often forget that for some this truly is a one time thing and therefore will be more careful when planning when to visit.
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I don't go relatively often! I'm not far off 60 and have only been twice. This year will be my third time. I'm one of the ones not going next year but that's because I don't think much will happen before the actually anniversary date of October 1st. Anniversary celebrations tend to last 18 months or so, so I'll go September 2022. If there's still merchandise etc then great but if there's not then no biggie. Next year I'm going to Disneyland in California and Aulani in Hawaii. Both are bucket list visits so I'm doing them on the same trip.

I'm not going to speculate on free dining because until (or if) Disney make an announcement, no one has got a clue.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think that’s wishful thinking. Anything that’s gone up in price by a significant amount is less likely to be included in free dining as Disney have already identified that resort as likely to sell. For example the lack of free dining for POR standard rooms this year and the lack of free dining in general for AoA Little Mermaid rooms.

It would be nice if you were correct but I think we’ll be looking at more restrictions for 2021 and I doubt DDP + will be included free for any resort.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
No chance.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

As someone who books a moderate and pays to upgrade to DDP, I would love to have it included for a moderate resort. Sadly I think, as it’s a special celebration year, we will actually see more date restrictions for free dining and less room availability 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I suggested a similar thing in another thread but thought it as wishful thinking My only hope is that free QSDP is offered at Value Resorts when free dining is offered to US guests so why not for UK guests? I doubt it but I can dream. Free standard DDP at a moderate would be amazing.

I know it’s a special year but with everything going on will people be more reluctant to book?

I predict the same as last year.

Edited at 09:48 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

I do not think it likely that free dining packages will be upgraded a notch.

I would also not assume that the average person, not on the dibb and who is going as a one off, will have any idea that it is the 50th anniversary next year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m probably going against everything here, but we want a moderate but I don’t want the full ddp, we found it really restrictive last time and the tips really start to add up! So I’m kind of hoping it will stay the same in previous years. Although I expect there to be more restrictions given the anniversary celebrations.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I think free dining will be available from Jan-Aug (excluding Easter) and be available at the same resorts as offered in 2020. I think it will be free breakfast for selected values, free QS for selected mods and standard DP for selected deluxe. I hope there will be the option to pay to upgrade any of these to the new DDP+

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm wondering if the current situation will influence their offer. Travel and tourism are taking a huge hit atm, Disney must be feeling it as well. The stock market crashing could well influence bookings well into next year. We were looking at booking free dining this spring but I'm wondering if waiting might be a better plan.. interesting times.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List