Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Dec 10, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HazelDK
Excited about Disney

HazelDK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just returned from Orlando.
I got to see Believe when it had trainers in the water back in 07 & 09.

I was so disappointed with it this time and also saw Miracles- my goodness what a pile of toot and timewasting on the visuals. The USP for this park is the Shamu whale show and with the whales doing what they want (which is not much ) it was pretty awful.

Sorry if I have offended people but I was so upset with the show. :pop:
Old 22 Dec 10, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I've always been a big fan of Seaworld,but having just got back last week I do think it's changed...Christmas Miracles in the past has always been the highlight of my holiday,but no IMO it just doesn't work without the trainers in the water... usually there's such a buzz in the stadium during the shows,but this year it just wasn't there... of couse I understand why the trainer's aren't in the water.

Also their Christmas fireworks were really poor compared to last years... having said that Seaworld and their Sea of Tree's and Christmas village was really lovely.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 10, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Lovely ! I hope they remove the "cheese" .
Old 4 Jan 11, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HappymanUK
slightly serious Dibber

HappymanUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does anyone know when the new show will start ?

We are going in March and was wondering whether we would see 'Believe' or its replacement.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
HappymanUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 11, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I saw Believe in 2009 for the first time and thought it was amazing. Seaworld is my favourite park, so I will be disappointed to see it go. But obviously they realise that the visitors aren't happy with the new "cut down" show and will revamp it into something much better.

I look forward to seeing whatever they do in December this year.
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
yatomi
Getting Excited

I really enjoyed both Believe and Shamu Rocks when I went earlier this year, and to be honest I didnt notice the trainers were not in the water, especially in the shamu rocks show, I think this is due to the quility of the show.
Personally I think it would be nice to see a new show as I think believe is due for a revamp, though I am not a fan of blue horizons and hated it the first time I saw it as it seems much more an acrobatics show than a dolphin show, it has grown on me since the first time but I still miss the educational aspects of the old show, you learn nothing anymore, its purely entertainment, and that's not what Sea World, to me, is about, especially after taking part in their marine mammal keeper experience.
yatomi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I have not been to SeaWorld since the incident but I will not miss trainers in the water. I always felt it was unwise and never enjoy wild animals being forced into a show atmosphere - ex. lion tamer shows that place human trainers at risk. I know I am in the minority in this but hope they will stress the educational aspect more. One of my favorite things in Seaworld was were you could stick your arm in the pool and if the dolphin wished he would swim up and let you touch him. I liked that the dolphins had control of the interaction and found it magical to be so close. Swimming with the dolphins must be a fantastic experience. I hope SeaWorld gets over its identity crises and focuses not on rides but on the teaching about sealife.

Edited at 06:59 PM.
Old 25 Jan 11, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I have to say I have seen Believe around 3 times and cried everytime {I'm a cryer anyway lol}, but I do think its right that they have retired this show.
I'll be interested to see what they do next x
Old 25 Jan 11, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List