Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 13, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Universal’s cabana bay beach resort now accepting reservations!

Guests can now book reservations for Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, the new, 1800-room hotel at Universal Orlando Resort that will feature value-priced guest rooms and moderately priced family suites.

The hotel is scheduled to open in early 2014 - with reservations now being accepted for stays beginning on March 31st 2014.

The new hotel is the fourth hotel within Universal Orlando Resort and will evoke the classic, retro-feel of iconic American beach resorts from the 1950s and 60’s. An area located around what will be called the North Courtyard will open first, followed later in 2014 by an area located around the South Courtyard. Each area will have a unique look and feel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBBR South Courtyard.jpg
Views:	6743
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	46355  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Families will have two options for experiencing the hotel – a value-priced standard guest room or a reasonably priced, 430-square-foot family suite that sleeps six. From the moment you arrive, you will be surrounded by the hotel’s bold design, period colours, neon and retro feel. When complete, there will be two pool complexes with sandy beach and interactive features, a themed lazy river experience and 10-lane bowling alley!

“We believe Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort will offer an experience unlike any other in Central Florida,” said Alice Norsworthy, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Universal Orlando Resort. “And at the same time, it will create an entirely new, value-driven option for families that want to stay within Universal Orlando Resort.”

As with all Resort hotels, guests at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort will be just a brief walk from Universal Orlando’s theme parks and Universal CityWalk. They will enjoy benefits that include Early Theme Park Admission, complimentary shuttle bus transportation to the theme parks and Universal CityWalk, complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to their hotel and resort-wide charging privileges with their room key.

Each of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort’s Courtyards will have a unique design and atmosphere. They will share a highly themed, two-story reception building that will also be home to a food court serving traditional American classics along with an ever-changing selection of international cuisine, a 10-lane “retro” bowling alley, a games room and a fitness centre.

North Courtyard (Reservations available from March 31st 2014)
First to open, the North Courtyard and its 600 family suites will be inspired by the sweeping motels of the 1950s and 60s. It will feature four-story buildings with open corridors and direct access to guest rooms. Each of the 600, 430-square-foot suites will sleep up to six and include a fold-out foam bed, kitchenette, a sliding partition for privacy, two flat-screen TVs, and an extra-large bathroom with space for three people at once.

The suite buildings will surround a more than 10,000-square-foot, zero-entry pool with a 100-foot water slide, waterfall features and 4,000-square-foot interactive play area. Cabanas will be available to guests for rent, and lounge chairs will ring the deck, backed by zones for sunbathing, game playing, picnicking and relaxing on the grass.

South Courtyard (Opening Later in 2014)
The South Courtyard will also be inspired by the 50s and 60s, but with an entirely different feel. The South Courtyard will feature a colourful, tropical resort design with serpentine, seven-story towers flowing like waves around a massive pool and lazy-river complex.

A more than 8,000-square-foot, zero-entry pool with a 6,000-square-foot sand beach will offer plenty of entertainment options, including the first lazy river at Universal Orlando Resort and a 700-foot-long feature offering multiple interactive zones. In addition to 300 suites, the towers will feature 900 guest rooms that are each 300-square-feet and that sleep four and include two queen beds and mini-fridge.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm looking forward to staying here in Oct 2014, will be quiet so don't need Express Passes so this hotel will suit us fine. Just can't decide whether to stay in the Courtyard or the Tower rooms...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 13, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Looks good so have just booked a week there in April '14

Had been thinking about two or three nights at the Hard Rock before I saw Cabana Bay but I love a brand new hotel and as it's a value resort, we can extend our stay. A no brainer
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 13, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Am I correct in thinking there will be NO express pass benefit ?
Old 28 Feb 13, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by letty View Post
Am I correct in thinking there will be NO express pass benefit ?
No there won't, which I hadn't realised initially

You do still get early entry into WWOHP

And there are no boats to the parks, just buses

No priority seating at the restaurants either, but you do get the other benefits such as charging
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
I'm looking forward to staying here in Oct 2014, will be quiet so don't need Express Passes so this hotel will suit us fine. Just can't decide whether to stay in the Courtyard or the Tower rooms...
What makes you think it will be quiet in October? We've been four times in the October half term and it's been mobbed...especially round the HHNs
Old 20 Mar 13, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maza View Post
What makes you think it will be quiet in October? We've been four times in the October half term and it's been mobbed...especially round the HHNs
I keep getting conflicting info on this, but I looked at a site with historical details of footfall in the parks for the last 2yrs and since we won't be going to HHNs, will just be early entry to WWoHP and then leaving the parks about 4-5pm, the info says that the park was quiet on the equivalent dates in October, it should be quiet the Thursday and Friday and moderate on the Saturday, but the site says FOLP/Express Passes are a waste of money. But we're not very experienced at US/IOA but have always done it without Express Passes, so I'll guess we'll cope, I personally think they are ridiculously expensive and buying them for 3 days for 5 of us would prevent us doing something else, even the increase in price to RPR is more than I'm happy with. We'll have 2wk tickets so if we want to pop back later in the holiday we can.
Old 20 Mar 13, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi_Angie
Being a bit Goofy

We've been several times in October and don't use/need fast passes.

I am wondering if they're still going to charge for parking?
High Grove (2007) ... Bella Vida (2008, 2010) ... LA & Vegas (2009) ... Washington/Philly/NYC/Boston/Cape Cod (2011) ... AKL/Florida Pines (2012) ... Westridge (2013) ... AKL (2014) ... RPR/Yacht Club (2015) ... PBR (2016) ... POR (2017) ... HI DS (2018) ... AKL (2019)
Jedi_Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 13, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jedi_Angie View Post
We've been several times in October and don't use/need fast passes.

I am wondering if they're still going to charge for parking?
I'm assuming so, since the more expensive hotels charge, though we won't have a car while we're there, we're taking a private shuttle from the airport to Cabana Beach then picking up the rental car after when we move to the townhouse.