Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Apr 14, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Nail salon

Hi
My two daughters are big into nails; I don't really know what means but it revolves around nail polish, false nails and an emery board.

I am looking for suggestions on ideal nail salons as I promised them a trip to one.

Did I mention I am a male in my 40s who relies on his good old nail clippers and that my girls are only aged 9 going on ?

Yours in complete frustration and bemusement. Thanks
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh dear, this is a tough one for you. There is a beauty salon in Millenia Mall (I think that's the right name) Maybe you could take them there, tie it in with a bit of shopping (I'm sure this is every 40 year old males worst nightmare, but the girls will love it) Then treat yourself to something to eat in Cheesecake Factory for being a good and patient dad.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickydooda
Excited about Disney

Nickydooda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hiya - we're just back and my friend, my DD and myself are all into our nails in a big way so I did take notice of these things.

There are nail bars/salons all over the place. There was at least one nail salon in every little group of shops - they are into their nails there in a big way too.

Not sure if you have a car but there was a good one at The Loop which has other shopping places that the girls might like too, and a Ben and Jerry's for an ice cream as well as an American Diner. I've been a couple of times now and it's a great shopping place as it's very large (albeit spread out) and very quiet.

There's also another beside the big Walmart near the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet Shopping place.

If that's not possible have a look in the immediate area round about your hotel as there will be one there and if it's anything like the ones round our hotel there will be a discount if you show your room key/mention the hotel.

Another (cheaper) idea - we bought loads of nail polish whilst we were there as well as lots of polish remover and nail accessories as they are so much cheaper than here - why not buy some polish and you can do the girls nails. I bought some red and some white polish and did my nails Minnie Mouse Style - red with white dots (bought a cheap set of nail brushes in Walmart) ... I know my hubbie HAS to take his turn at playing Salons with my DD If only his big burly police officer colleagues knew what his toe nails looked like some days - shhhhhh!

PS - just noticed we are fellow North of Scotlandites

2023 New York & LBV Resort & Spa 2019 New York & LBV Resort and Spa 2014 Parkway Intn'l & Sheraton Vistana Villages 2010 LBV Resort & Spa 2008 DLP Explorers

Edited at 12:03 AM.
Nickydooda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 14, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I can tell you one to avoid, on I drive facing the CSI experience, there's a row of shops and the nail place is upstairs, my daughter had her nails done there last year, white tips, they were not great, they looked cheap and nasty and turned yellow after a day or so then one came off a couple of days later, followed by another, we did go back and she re did the missing tips but not great when your paying about £20
As mentioned in a previous post walmart and also walgreens sell tons of nail polish, all different colours and reasonabley priced too, sure they could have some fun with them

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 14, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread