Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 14, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lango
Trading Disney Pins

Kennedy Space Center, taking 6yr olds?

Hi, we're debating whether this would be a good day out with our 6yr olds. Would really appreciate any advice.
My Dh and I have both been before so it would be a trip for them to experience mostly. Would we be better off spending the £££ on another experience more suited to their age?
lango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My, then, 7-year-old enjoyed it.
Old 22 Apr 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it depends on how into space and rockets they are. Not been there myself yet but I have friends that took young kids who found it boring. Then I know someone who took a 5 year old sci fi / space mad boy and he loved it more than Disney!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wmc711
Imagineer

I was advised against it unless DD5 really in to space and rockets. So we are putting off till she is a little older BUT we are going to watch a rocket launch this year Fingers crossed

Every day should be a Disney Day

Will.I.Am
wmc711 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

WE first went there when DD was 6 and the boys 3 1/2. They all had a great time looking out for all the wildlife as well as the rockets. For the boys, the Saturn V center was the highlight.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Maze_Dazrol
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Another vote for unless they are into rockets etc I wouldn't bother. My 2 boys aged 9 and 7 wasn't really over keen
Maze_Dazrol is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We took our 4, 7 and 10 year olds to RAF Cosford as we thought this might be a bit of a litmus test for KSC and they loved it, so we're guessing they'll love Kennedy. The 7 and 10 year olds have recently done Space topics at school and I think that will help. They're not necessarily space buffs, but they really like anything to do with transport.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We are taking our boys age 6 and 7, both love Cosford and have learnt about Space at school. Most boys are into Rockets and space craft. I got our tickets from Attraction ticket Direct, and we got free transport. There seems to be a lot of different prices and packages but we just went with normal admission. Lunch with an Astronaut sounds good but think its an expense we can do without. Enjoy

Sorry it was Travel Republic I got the tickets from not ATD, got a bit confused with all my tickets

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

My DS was 6 when we took him the first time, he absolutely loved it. My eldest son had been doing a space project at school that term so it fitted in really well for him as well.

There such a lot of interesting things to look at there that I think if you go with a positive attitude to the day then your children can't help but have fun.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I've turned into a space geek since seeing the iss for the 1st time last year(and every given chance since) so we will be going! My ds 6 and dd12 are really interested too it's just my ds8 who's not so fussed, hopefully he'll enjoy it once we're there
Closed Thread