Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Gill635
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Guide Books - San Diego

Hi All

Can anyone recommend me a 2019 guide book for San Diego specifically?

Iíve searched online, but I can only get either a mini top 10 style one, or a very diluted one thatís mixed in with a California book.

I know I can find info online, but I like to have a book to highlight and carry with me, plus itís a tradition to keep them and reminisce.

Thanks in Advance

Gill
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer
 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm, I thought Amazon would have some but they are a bit thin on the ground.

What about the Moon 4th edition one?

amazon/s?k=san+die...sb_ ss_i_1_10
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."


'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Gill635
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thin on the ground they are!

Thanks for the suggestion, Iíd clearly flicked past that one. Iím off to check the reviews now

Iím quite surprised there arenít more to be honest, itís such a popular place!
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Libby
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 03
We went for the Top Ten one; small but lots of info and easy to take with us.

Other than that we've(I've) spent a lot of time googling stuff and looking at Aims amazing info thread.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My eldest is off to LA, Vegas and New York in September and I asked on here for guide book recommendations , near enough everyone who replied recommended the top ten ones so I got them those as part of their Xmas box, they are really good and there are fold out maps in them which they will use afterwards to mark where they went
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Mobile

I think youíre either a fan of Top 10 guides or not.

I have several Moon travel books and they are very good. I havenít seen the San Diego one but Iíd recommend based on the ones I have.
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Gill635
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We went for the Top Ten one; small but lots of info and easy to take with us.

Other than that we've(I've) spent a lot of time googling stuff and looking at Aims amazing info thread.
Iím stalking that thread - itís taking a while ha ha
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Gill635
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think youíre either a fan of Top 10 guides or not.

I have several Moon travel books and they are very good. I havenít seen the San Diego one but Iíd recommend based on the ones I have.
Iím definitely not! Well, Iíd use them in a pinch, but I like a good ďproperĒ book that goes into detail, and includes all areas. I find the top 10 ones lacking so much, as they literally only talk about the 10 most popular things
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Aims
Imagineer
 
Aims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Mobile

This will sound weird of me since Iím a resident, but I like to look through San Diego guidebooks too. I have found that Fodorís San Diego and also Frommerís San Diego are consistently well done and detailed guide books. I have found both on Amazon. Lonely Planet also does a decent guide too.

Another thing I suggest doing (in addition to talking to me lol) is going to San Diegoís official tourism website and getting a copy of their free travel planning guide. You can either download a pdf copy to your computer or tablet and read it there, or request them to send you a paperback copy of the guide. That usually takes a few weeks to arrive by mail, but if youíre not in a big hurry itís nice to have something you can carry with you. The free guide from the San Diego tourism department is not as detailed and big as the other guide books I recommended, but it does a good overall job of listing much of what to do in San Diego, both big and small things. Here is where you can get a copy of the free guide: sandiego/plan/travel...-planning.aspx
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
scooby99
Imagineer
 
scooby99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: London
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
This will sound weird of me since Iím a resident, but I like to look through San Diego guidebooks too. I have found that Fodorís San Diego and also Frommerís San Diego are consistently well done and detailed guide books. I have found both on Amazon. Lonely Planet also does a decent guide too.

Another thing I suggest doing (in addition to talking to me lol) is going to San Diegoís official tourism website and getting a copy of their free travel planning guide. You can either download a pdf copy to your computer or tablet and read it there, or request them to send you a paperback copy of the guide. That usually takes a few weeks to arrive by mail, but if youíre not in a big hurry itís nice to have something you can carry with you. The free guide from the San Diego tourism department is not as detailed and big as the other guide books I recommended, but it does a good overall job of listing much of what to do in San Diego, both big and small things. Here is where you can get a copy of the free guide: sandiego/plan/travel...-planning.aspx
I could not recommend a guide book but San Diego is a great city one of our favourites if you get a chance and hire a car and it is your thing go visit Borrego Springs each to there own but was amazing
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2797
CaxtonFX  $1.2698
Covent Garden FX  $1.2827
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2809
M&S  $1.2572
Post Office  $1.2549
Sainsburys  $1.2768
TESCO  $1.2793
Travelex  $1.2723
Updated: 07:00 26/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0811
CaxtonFX  €1.0729
Covent Garden FX  €1.0888
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0830
M&S  €1.0628
Post Office  €1.0608
Sainsburys  €1.0789
TESCO  €1.0811
Travelex  €1.0800
Updated: 07:00 26/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now