Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 14, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Restaurant suggestions

As some of you know, we are having a small intimate wedding in our villa around the pool just before midday. We will put out some food for the few guests we'll be having (around 10) but then not sure what we want to do for the evening. DF suggested we stay at the villa and do a BBQ, but I don't know if I want something a bit more... Special?

I was thinking of doing an ADR but it'd have to be in downtown disney, as some of our guests most likely won't have disney tickets. My first thought was the house of blues - we only went in there for a short visit last time just to get a cocktail and rest our feet, so haven't actually eaten here. What do you guys think? The short time we were in there, we liked the atmosphere. Or would you suggest somewhere else? We're quite fun people, not formal and I want our day to reflect this - we want a very relaxed feel. So nowhere too posh.

MinnieStrawb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 14, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

I know it's in Epcot but we chose la,hacienda de San angel as we aren't formal either and Cali grill didn't appeal. How about O'hana at the poly? Can see the fireworks and is a fun atmosphere. If you have lots of kids in the party T. Rex or rainforest cafe might be fun.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Cape May at the Beach Club could be nice as well - Maya Grill at Coronado Springs?

If you want to stick to Downtown Disney maybe Fultons Crab House? On the boat would be great fun

How about Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary? You could then go up to the viewing platform on level 4 and watch the fireworks - and you could stay in your wedding clothes too and have some extra photos? xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 14, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Thanks for the suggestions - I had thought of fultons because I love the look of it, however I'm not sure how well their menu will go down with everyone (I love seafood though) and it is quite pricey. I was thinking of paying for my guests too, so fultons unfortunately would cost me quite a bit and I'd be gutted if my guests didn't make the most of their menu.

About staying in my wedding dress - May not be an option since we are planning on that mini trash the dress shoot, remember I guess I could find a super cute white summer dress to change into.

My DF is very low key - instead of the BBQ, because I want to go out, he's suggested Bahama breeze so it's cheap enough, easy to get to etc etc... I did love Bahama breeze and I'm always talking about it with my my Florida friend - is it nice enough for a wedding meal? Hmmm...

MinnieStrawb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Are the resorts open to non ticket holders too?

Old 18 Feb 14, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep you can go to any resort with no ticket what so ever

It's your wedding, it should be special xxx
Old 18 Feb 14, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
I have two friends, both from the USA attending. One is actually travelling from Philadelphia with her children to attend my wedding (super excited) and she will be staying on site, possibly at the art of animation. My other friend lives in Florida, but will very unlikely get disney tickets.

I really want to have our evening meal at a Disney resort - the one who won't get tickets probably won't come. But it makes it easier on the other friend who's staying on site. (Still with me?) haha

We used the disney buses while we were there and found how easy and convenient they are. I assume it'd be easy for my on site friend to get back to the art of animation from the poly? Or any other resort we may choose? It may be a case of risking the absence of our others friends (the Florida ones) ... It's a tough decision, but I would love a disney resort restaurant.

Old 18 Feb 14, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

You can park at a disney resort for free if you are dining there, so your local friends could drive if they wanted to. From the poly to art of animation would be monorail around to magic kingdom then a bus from there. you can't go directly from resort to resort but you can go from resort to theme park (or downtown disney) to resort.

Transport is so easy I wouldn't use that as a deal breaker to be honest.

What kind of food would you love it to be and we can go through some based on that? Then we can narrow it down to price xx
Old 18 Feb 14, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Thank you Tabz, you've been so helpful! And I'm so greatful that you are helping me. (Feeling a bit alone with the planning) lol

Food wise - well, I guess most things except seafood. I love it, but my DF doesn't. However we both love spices and anything exotic, any meat. (I'm a foodie anyway - I will eat anything ) we also love anything that's like finger food such as tapas and kebabs.

Although we've been to Florida, we didn't do any resorts and only did one ADR, so I'm inexperienced in that sense. Xxx

Old 18 Feb 14, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We love Johnny's Hidaway!

Hidden away on the cross roads. AMAZING seafood and steaks, but the slices of cake r the size of half a house brick.
O' n UNLIMITED shrimp.

Pull up and the staff, park your car.
Lovely atmosphere, a little pricey but ideal for a celebration.
Closed Thread