Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Sep 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

DDP costs

I've done a search but can't find the info...

We have a 5 night dvc booking next month at Boulder Ridge. Can anyone tell me how much it is to add DDP per person per night? All classed adults. Many thanks 😊
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

The only way I do it is go through the Disney Travel Company website as though I am making a booking and then see how much it is to add the Dining Plan on as an extra.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

With DVC it has to be bought via DVC website and paid in $. It is extremely poor value at $67.33 per adult for standard plan this year (goes up to 70 odd in jan). Try to think realistically how you'd eat and go on distripplanner dot com. Most people would save a lot paying out of pocket. Most DVC owners do not bother with dining plan.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dor1
Getting Excited

dor1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Anyone know why disney make you book the DDP for the entire lenght of your stay?
I wouldnt mind booking for maybe 3or 4 days but not 2 weeks.
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dor1 View Post
Anyone know why disney make you book the DDP for the entire lenght of your stay?
I guess it's a bit like going All Inclusive or Half Board at other resorts?
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Because members "abused" it when there was no restriction.

Dor1, the way around it is to book a split stay and just add it to the bit you want it for.

Personally I could never make it financially viable to pay for it.
Old 13 Sep 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dor1
Getting Excited

dor1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How could it be abused,surely if you paid for 3 days that would be what you are getting?
Having looked at prices for next year i think we would struggle to justify it anyhow.
Will look ito TIW card i think.
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Id heard that due to the poor exchange rate that I'd you could add in £"it works out well - guess that's only for UK travel agent bookings.. 😕
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

How could it be abused,surely if you paid for 3 days that would be what you are getting?
Having looked at prices for next year i think we would struggle to justify it anyhow.
I think instead of paying for table service meals like Cinderella's Royal Table at around $65-$80 each you could pay for the Dining Plan for a day instead and get a Quick Service, Snack etc. as well?
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The perceived "abuse" (deliberate use of inverted commas!) was because people were buying odd nights here and there and stretching them over their stay.

You could reasonably say that they were still only using their entitlement, just over a different period, but I imagine WDW viewed it differently! I also wonder if it was an admin nightmare?