Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Eat and Play Card

Old 8 Sep 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Excited about Disney

Hertz will hire you a Corvette Stingray, I had a booking for one day during my trip (Cost me 108 for the day) which I extended by a day, dropped it back and two days later hired another for my last 3 days. They are soft tops though and you won't get much in the boot.
Still the 6.2l V8 is much better than the Mustang's 5.0, it was amazing!
Old 8 Sep 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
Excited about Disney

We haven't had a Mustang but have had a V8 Dodge Challenger on 4 occasions through Budget. x3 at Tampa and once at Nashville.

We always book a Full size and upgrade at the desk if they have what we want. Always cheaper than trying to book it before and if they don't have what we want, we are happy with the full size.
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
And we're off
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
VIP Dibber

I've two mustangs booked for. My next visits. Hoping for a spare V8 to be in the row if not I want a V6, not the ego boost . Any one know an easy way to spot a V6 for outside?
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary Trip
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Mobile

If you do have to order I would be prepared for something else in case they let you down.

A colleague of mine had booked a Porsche for a summer break in Europe and was told at collection it 'hadn't been returned yet', 'but we have this as an alternative... '

It was a Renault Twingo 😂😳

You can imagine his reaction!
toonarmani is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fort Lauderdale and Disney here we come
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Trip
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I've two mustangs booked for. My next visits. Hoping for a spare V8 to be in the row if not I want a V6, not the ego boost . Any one know an easy way to spot a V6 for outside?
When you say you've booked two Mustangs what do you mean? Have you specifically booked mustangs (if so who with out of interest?) or is it in a category that has "Mustang or similar.."?
Trip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I'm pretty sure the V8 has 5.0 on the wing
and GT in the centre of the rear facia

Last edited by stevo25; 13 Sep 17 at 03:56 PM.
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gone and done it :)
Old 13 Sep 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Trip
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
I'm pretty sure the V8 has 5.0 on the wing
and GT in the centre of the rear facia
I forgot to answer that, correct! Its easy to spot the V8 as it will have the GT badge on the rear.

Its more difficult to spot the difference between the Eco-boost and the V6, i'm not even sure there is any visual difference? Unless you pop the bonnet.

Interestingly though the eco boost on the 2017 models (and previous years I believe) is actually slight more powerful that the V6... but clearly it doesn't sound as nice!
Trip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I forgot to answer that, correct! Its easy to spot the V8 as it will have the GT badge on the rear.

Its more difficult to spot the difference between the Eco-boost and the V6, i'm not even sure there is any visual difference? Unless you pop the bonnet.

Interestingly though the eco boost on the 2017 models (and previous years I believe) is actually slight more powerful that the V6... but clearly it doesn't sound as nice!
So true, a better soundtrack, but down on power and torque. Oh and better mpg on ecoboost
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gone and done it :)
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
When you say you've booked two Mustangs what do you mean? Have you specifically booked mustangs (if so who with out of interest?) or is it in a category that has "Mustang or similar.."?
Sorry.

Two trips coming up - have booked "Mustang or similar" for both.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary Trip
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
VIP Dibber

found this - for interest...

You can tell them apart by the Pony emblem on the back. If you see the pony horse with 3 vertical bars behind it, it's a V6. If you see just the pony horse, it's a Ecoboost.
Anniversary Trip