Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Feb 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Our Animal Kingdom Day

Our planned day for AK is our 2nd full day in Florida.

It has EMH opening at 8am for Disney guest and 9am general admittance, we are staying at AKL.

As it is our 2nd day we will be up at crazy o'clock so going to get there for it opening and make the most of EMH.

My plan is to head straight to the Safari and then get FP for FOP as early as possible and do Navi River either before or after FOP as cant FP both.

for the other 2 FP I was thinking Kali Rapids and no idea where to go for the other.

I don't think my son would do Expedition Everest as he isn't a massive thrill ride person (he's 10) but thinking I might just book the FP and hopefully he's keen enough to go on it when we are there.

Does EE have a single rider queue - might just need to do it on my own maybe FP the safari for later in the day.

We have rainforest café booked for lunch at 12.15pm

To be honest AK isn't about the rides its more about the animals (DS is a massive animal lover).

Wilderness explorer is this worth doing what do you get at the end of it?

Has anyone done the Animation experience.

We will most likely visit AK at least twice and want to do as much as possible when there.

The shows - UP - Lion King - Its tough to be a bug and Finding nemo are these worth a visit?

Thanks
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

You definitely have to do lion king and nemo shows x
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

The festival of the lion king, finding demo and it's tough to be a bug are all fantastic - and easy to do without a FP. If you get FP for flight of passage, think about riding Navi river at EMH rope drop - we did that last year, and there was no waiting involved at all (I think we were off the ride at about 8am). You would still be able to do the safari very early and with minimal wait - the crowds were all walking towards flight of passage or in the opposite direction, I assume towards expedition Everest.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
The festival of the lion king, finding demo and it's tough to be a bug are all fantastic - and easy to do without a FP. If you get FP for flight of passage, think about riding Navi river at EMH rope drop - we did that last year, and there was no waiting involved at all (I think we were off the ride at about 8am). You would still be able to do the safari very early and with minimal wait - the crowds were all walking towards flight of passage or in the opposite direction, I assume towards expedition Everest.
Thanks for the suggestion about Navi River, it looks awesome. Think I’ll do that first then the safari and hope we get FP for fop

Edited at 12:23 AM.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Connorsmummy View Post
Thanks for the suggestion about Navi River, it looks awesome. Think I’ll do that first then the safari and hope we get FP for fop
I think you stand a good chance; we did last year for our second full day - I think it was a mid afternoon slot, but it worked well and after that we just about had enough and left the park to Disney Springs.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with FOP fast pass, likely to be afternoon slot, as early in your stay
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

I would try for the FOP FP, but there is a chance you wont get it on your second full day. IF you do get it, I would go to Na'vi River first, if you get there after having been on Safari, I think you will find it to have a long queue already. You could use the FP you are undecided on the Safari.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

It might sound silly, but an evening FP+ for Safari is a totally different experince, animals are moving more, And Mr Lion was not asleep.

They keep the Savanah at full moon light levels at the darkest, so you can see. Same at Savanah at AKL. Night time is good.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List