Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jan 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Rise Of The Resistance in August

Going off how Smugglers Run changes to a FP system soon does anyone know if ROTR will do the same by August? Has there been any rumours about getting rid of the boarding system?
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Nothing has been announced yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

At the moment it is having major issues staying up and running all day, so I don't see Fp coming anytime soon.

Smugglers Run was much more reliable form the off so can see why they added FP, but unless they get things running smoothly I don't see FP happening anytime soon
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
At the moment it is having major issues staying up and running all day, so I don't see Fp coming anytime soon.

Smugglers Run was much more reliable form the off so can see why they added FP, but unless they get things running smoothly I don't see FP happening anytime soon
I agree, and it's purely speculation, but for this reason and the fact that boarding groups are still running out so quickly after opening that I feel they're here to stay for quite a bit longer.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Would it be better to try and get a boarding pass on EMH days?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Would it be better to try and get a boarding pass on EMH days?
I guess so, it means it will be open longer so more chance of reaching later boarding groups.
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to have scanned into the park entrance before being able to book a boarding pass. But the boarding window doesn't start at the same time the park opens. So its a rush to get in through the gates and be ready to hit the Disney Experience App when boarding opens.

So i'll be the only one doing it as the rest of my family will not entertain getting up early for the sake of one ride.
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to have scanned into the park entrance before being able to book a boarding pass. But the boarding window doesn't start at the same time the park opens. So its a rush to get in through the gates and be ready to hit the Disney Experience App when boarding opens.

So i'll be the only one doing it as the rest of my family will not entertain getting up early for the sake of one ride.

I believe all boarders need to be scanned into the park?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
I believe all boarders need to be scanned into the park?
Yes, that’s right.

I’m expecting/hoping it’ll be on FP by the time I go in August.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post

I was discussing with DH what we would have to do to get it and then having to keep flexible for the rest of the day as we won’t know return time in advance.

I was pleased he said let’s not bother this time, I was never bothered but I thought he would want to do it. So problem solved for us.