Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DebbieJRoss
Imagineer

still havent got travel insurance sorted,HELP

OK, My family, dh, 3 sons in 20s and daughter 18 no medical conditions, oldest son rents own flat, how much would anyone think is a reasonable amount to pay for travel insurance and what excess would you pay, this is for Orlando, not doing any sports etc. We have booked flights, dibb villa and park tickets separate. Have looked at loads until im getting myself more confused. Not sure how much we need for each bit, but want enough cover, have already posted and thanks to everyone who answered but just wondered what price I should realistically pay to be adequately covered, dont want to pay too much and not be covered enough and dont want to be mean and not have cover for the sake of a few poundsAny help, advice or suggestions truly welcomed and needed lol
DebbieJRoss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

People dont realise how important travel insurance is to get early. You said no medical conditions, so even more reason to get soon. If someone gets ill then this could effect or prevent them getting cover.
Due to the ages, some companies wont cover you as a family and it will need to be a group of 6 adults.
First place to start is your bank, sometimes this is the cheapest place to get good cover for a small monthly fee. The older children should be covered for a small extra fee.
After this try the comparison sites and some larger ones direct, like Aviva.
You are looking for 5 star defaqto cover.
Also price for Annual and Single trip. Some companies it is very similar price with more benefits with Annual.
Go through Quidco for a few extra pounds.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 04:05 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Agree with the bank route - one reason why I changed to HSBC Premier.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DebbieJRoss
Imagineer

[QUOTE=toonarmani;14250161]Agree with the bank route - one reason why I changed to HSBC Premier.[/

I am with the Halifax but only ordinary current account so doesn't have the insurance unfortunately
DebbieJRoss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Travel insurance should be taken out as soon as you have booked even part of your holiday, it not only covers when you are away but also before you go. Try some comparison sites, but don't skimp get good insurance you never know when you will need it.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
[QUOTE=DebbieJRoss;14250163]
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Agree with the bank route - one reason why I changed to HSBC Premier.[/

I am with the Halifax but only ordinary current account so doesn't have the insurance unfortunately
Check other providers and compare with cost of upgrading to Ultimate Reward Current Account (including other benefits in addition to travel insurance)

I used to have HSBC Advance (discounted rate) and that had travel insurance and breakdown cover, however now get the latter free from Mercedes, so rather than pay for travel insurance, switched to the better HSBC Premier account and benefit from free travel insurance and no longer have to pay per month
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi - as others say get Insurance ASAP so you are covered

I use AXA and when I did claim they were very good..

My Annual family policy for 4 people costs around £105 from memory 0 with one small pre-existing medical condition...
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=DebbieJRoss;14250163]
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Agree with the bank route - one reason why I changed to HSBC Premier.[/

Have you calculated the cost of upgrading your Halifax account to one that includes travel insurance for your family and when you return from your holiday you can change back again.
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Our bank now includes insurance along with any adult children that live at home I believe. We upgrade our bank account as previously we paid approximately £100 for 2 a and 3c while the bank was £10 a month but included many extras.
I would check if they have it with their own banks accounts as it often includes mobile phone insurance as well.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I have the nationwide flex plus cover with my bank account but they keep trimming off the benefits and soon it will not be worth the £13 a month fee, however, it is unlikely that any children who don’t live at your address, or ones over the age of 21 (I think, or it might be 23) and not in full time education would be covered. I had this problem with my DS when he left college at 19, so I added him as an account holder so he got all the phone and breakdown cover too. We all wanted to be on the same policy.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List