Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Team Groves are Florida Bound - October 2017 Day 19

Day 19 -
Magic Kingdom:

I’d planned on us being up early today and getting to the park for rope drop. Namely because we wanted to take the kids to see talking Mickey, we hadn’t managed to get a fastpass for him and the queues were always long. So I thought if we got there first thing it would be okay.
Unfortunately we overslept and then because our kids could sense we needed to be quick, they went even slower. Oh well.
I’m very relaxed about it now, but I can almost guarantee I wasn’t quite as calm on the day.

We ended up walking into the park at 9.30 and the queue said 30 minutes which was acceptable so we jumped in line. Sadly this was one of the only times on the trip where the queue time was wrong, we ended up waiting for 50 minutes! Sob! And that queue is SO boring! There is nothing to distract at all. The kids were better behaved than I had hoped and dealt with it really well, but it’s not really what anyone wants to be doing is it. Although this photo shows that Grayson had a few wild moments!

And he was hoping the safe was real and there would be some money inside!

Mickey was fab though and Miley and Grayson were so shocked when he started talking. It was a lovely experience but I wouldn’t queue for that long by choice.

There were lots of characters out doing meets in the main square so we decided to make the most of it and knock some of them off the kids list. Chip and Dale were up first. They were meeting in the middle, where there is no shade and so it was very hot and I really do feel for these characters as they must be boiling! When we reached the front of the line Chip and Dale had just gone for a break so we were right at the front.
Then before any of us realised what was happening, chip had joined the queue with us and squeezed inbetween Miley and Grayson. He stood holding their hands like he was waiting to see a character, they thought it was hilarious!

Dale came and joined us and the two of them took the kids hands and led them up to where they stand. It was so lovely and a tiny magic moment that made my kids so happy. We always enjoy meeting chip and dale as they are so much fun.

On a high from seeing Chip and Dale the kids skipped across the square to meet Snow White.

This was a bit of a bland meet and greet. It was fine, the kids enjoyed it, but it didn’t stand out in any way. But they were pleased to have met Snow White all the same.

We had let them buy one of the Disney autograph books that are available in the park, they didn’t use them for autographs though as they had the books I’d made them, they used them as notebooks and Grayson was so excited to have it that he barely put it down and was scribbling in it all day!

Now we walked back across the square to meet Tinkerbell as the queue was shorter than it had been earlier.
Both M and G enjoyed this as they usually do. I think it’s a shame that Tinkerbell is the only fairy you can meet in the parks. We’d love to meet some of the others from the films.

It was 11am when we came out from meeting Tinkerbell we wandered up Main Street and went in a couple of the shops to have a look.
The kids had taken a shine to the Disney Princess doll sets and wanted to spend the rest of their spending money on another set.

They had their bubble wands with them today and Grayson decided to aim it at his feet and he was totally covered in bubbles!

The last character that we had planned on meeting today was Stitch. We checked the times and went over to Tomorrowland to meet him. The queue wasn’t too long and then it was the kids turn. He was very excited about his autograph page and was showing it to all the other cast members.

With the characters under our belt it was time to do some rides. Finally!

Quick pit stop at the purple wall for Miley!

We had fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so we walked around to go on that. Both kids love this ride and scream their heads off on it which is hilarious. It’s always a lot of fun.
Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment which was disappointing as it would have been the kids first chance to go on it. But there is always next time.

We were feeling hungry so we decided to get some flatbreads from Pinocchios Village Haus. We found a table outside with an umbrella and enjoyed our lunch. It was simple food but lovely and tasty and we all enjoyed the flatbreads. I had cheese, Simon had a meat lovers and the kids both had pepperoni.
It was a lovely pit stop and we enjoyed watching all the people milling around in fantasyland.

We walked down to the Tangled bathrooms and when we came out we saw that Peter Pan was out doing meet and greets and the kids had never met him so they asked to do that and we were happy to oblige.
The queue took a while as he was really making a big effort with every group so we didn’t mind.
This isn’t a character they are particularly familiar with, we’ve only watched the film with them once I think, but they still enjoyed meeting him and he was very fun and cheerful, just as you’d imagine.

After this we went along to our next fastpass which was the Tomorrowland Speedway. I personally find this ride a bit stressful! Lol! But everyone else loves it so here we were. Grayson rode with Simon and I went with Miley and as predicted they all had a blast! There is always a lot of laughter on this ride! And a lot of bumping!

Grayson had been getting cranky for a while now and was refusing to go on the teacups which was what Miley wanted to do, so we waited with Simon whilst I took Miley on.
I think these rides are so much fun but I always end up feeling a bit sick afterwards! I think I’m getting old as they never used to bother me!

I checked the My Disney Experience app and I saw that Drizella and Anastasia were going to be doing meet and greets in fantasyland. We’d never met them and I’d heard that they were a lot of fun. So I thought we could try and squeeze them in before heading out for the day.

We weren’t waiting very long and Anastasia and Drizella appeared. They were SO funny! Watching them with other people was super funny as well.
The kids were kind of stunned by them to be honest as the two of them just did not stop talking. They were bickering with each other and making jokes and being silly and it was hilarious to me and Simon. But I don’t think the Miley knew what to make of it all and Grayson seemed to find them fascinating! Their faces in the photos are so funny.

We said goodbye to the bickering sisters and made our way back down Main Street. We grabbed some quick photopass photos before making our way out of the park.

Our plan was to return to the Magic Kingdom on our last day so I didn’t feel too sad as we left the park today.

We went back to the villa and jumped in the pool for an hour to try and make the most of our last few days in such a beautiful setting. The outlook from the villa really was stunning.

When we came in from the pool the kids played with their toys for a while and I made a start on packing. Boo!

After a while we decided it was time for dinner and had a chat about where to go. On our last few nights we like to return to the places we’ve liked the best. So we talked to the kids and decided on Joes Crab Shack as we’d had such good meals there.

We had another lovely evening and the kids got some new balloon creations which they adore! Miley had a unicorn and Grayson had a turtle. Both so cute!

Simon had a platter and I had cod goujons and the kids I believe had chicken strips. It was all really tasty as we knew it would be. This place is never very busy which we think is a shame as the food is lovely.

Anyway it was back to the villa and bed for the kiddos and some more packing for me and Simon. It was quickly becoming clear we were going to need an additional suitcase, so that would need to be purchased tomorrow.
Our last full day tomorrow! I was definitely feeling blue about leaving Florida, I love it there so much.

Edited at 10:53 PM.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List