Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Magic band help

I’m still a little confused on these magic bands

We have booked through VH so I assume we will get card tickets,
Do we need to get our magic bands before we go to our first park?
Can we enter through into park using our card tickets and then purchase bands on Main Street and cast member link to all our prebooked fast passes ?
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I assume this is an onsite package (hotel + tickets etc)?

If so, I would be asking Virgin for your ticket details so that you can link them to your My Disney Experience (MDE) account as well as linking your hotel booking.

Once linked, you then select your magic bands and you collect these when you check into the hotel (can check-in early if your room isn't ready, then go to a park using the bands if needed; or if you're arriving in the afternoon/evening then check-in as normal and off you go either that evening or the next morning). You won't need a physical ticket, everything is then operated from your magic band and also acts as your room key.

If you don't have your tickets setup beforehand, you won't be able to make fast-pass reservations at 60-days out for onsite guests.

---
If offsite, and still want to use a magic band, you can buy a band and link your tickets in MDE, or a cast member can link them in-park.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

We are staying off site this trip
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Simba and nala View Post
We are staying off site this trip
Sorry, I added an edit. If offsite, and still want to use a magic band, you can buy a band beforehand (can sometimes get cheap ones in the Disney Outlet and you used to be able to get them in the airport at MCO, not sure if still can or not) and link your tickets in MDE, or a cast member can link them in-park.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sj1313
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We bought them for the first time this year, you can buy the plain coloured ones when you visit will call to pick up your tickets or we got Star Wars ones you buy them and you get a cast member under the guest experience brolly to link your bands to your tickets and your fast passes will
Transfer over to the bands
Sj1313 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

You can by the magic band at any time and link it to your MDE account. You can do that within the park.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Did a little more research via YouTube

So our first day park is Mk
Do they have a wide selection of these there?

My dw will want a lion king
Ds starwars
Dd - up or monsters inc
Not too sure on myself ?
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
There’s lots of choice of magic bands in MK. The Emporium in Main Street and the Frontier trading post had lots of choice. Other shops have a limited range too.