Notices

Old 20 Sep 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kansaskitty View Post
Loved your last trippie and looking forward to this one too! We just returned with our 16mo and 3.5yo and it was AMAZING, already looking to go back next year. Totally agree about loving it even more after seeing it through your children’s eyes, even though we never thought we could love it more!
So sorry I've been meaning to reply! Thanks so much for your kind words, it's nice to hear people actually enjoy reading my drivel haha!
Wow that must have been a bit tough - 16 months and 3 and a half! Very brave of you. But yeah it's just worth it isn't it - can't wait to get back there. She is so much more 'into' Disney now, it's going to be a completely different trip.x
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

As soon as you mentioned Wilderness Lodge I was screaming ‘it’s too like AKL’ haha. It is my favourite resort though! We are staying at the Beach Club next year too, it was so stressful booking this year wasn’t it!?

Exciting to hear you’re hooked on cruising now. DCL really is as good as they say, and I didn’t think it was really that pricey when you compare the cost to 3 nights in a Deluxe.

Great ADR choices, it’s mad that you’re going in 2019 but you’ve already been able to book your ADRs, where has this year gone!? It’ll be so lovely to see how Charlotte reacts to the Princesses.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
As soon as you mentioned Wilderness Lodge I was screaming ‘it’s too like AKL’ haha. It is my favourite resort though! We are staying at the Beach Club next year too, it was so stressful booking this year wasn’t it!?

Exciting to hear you’re hooked on cruising now. DCL really is as good as they say, and I didn’t think it was really that pricey when you compare the cost to 3 nights in a Deluxe.

Great ADR choices, it’s mad that you’re going in 2019 but you’ve already been able to book your ADRs, where has this year gone!? It’ll be so lovely to see how Charlotte reacts to the Princesses.
Haha! I was so close to changing resorts.when some standard rooms came up at WL too! But I figured once Galaxy's Edge opens you'll have to sell your kidney to stay at the Boardwalk area hotels so stuck with Beach Club!

You know what I hadn't thought of comparing the prices to a deluxe resort - because they are pretty pricey aren't they!

Oh my goodness I know - exciting but scary how time flies. Saw on IG your lovely tiny countdown just now! Hope you have an amazing time x
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Enjoyed reading your last TR so I'm looking forward to reading your next one! We've only just got back and I'm already longing to return so reading peoples TR's will hopefully keep me going until next year
Old 6 Jan 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Well, Christmas is over and I'm suddenly staring down the barrel of our trip! Only 2 and a bit weeks to go, so thought I better do a bit of an update.

I'll start with a general life/happenings update, as it's been a while! I last posted at the beginning of August. Since then we've had another family wedding - Charlotte was a bridesmaid again and did a fantastic job.

My sister in law found out that the Disney Magic was visiting Liverpool one day in September and they lots of activities going on. It's not too far from us so we decided to go and take Charlotte and my niece Sophie. It was really lovely, and the girls had a great couple of hours there.

Getting ready for Disney snacks!

We had a little day trip to gatecrash my brother's holiday at Haven in Hafan y Mor. I'd never been to a Haven park before but this one was lovely. Right on a beautiful beach, it had an amazing pool area and of course a cringeworthy kids show which the girls loved

The way she's sitting cracked me up

Obviously lots of shopping has been underway, pretty much since I booked really I've been picking things up (mainly for Lottie of course). Similar to our December trip last year it seems having layers available is the key, as the weather seems to be lovely but with occasional cold snaps lasting a couple of days. I won't bore you with everything I've bought, but a couple of my favourites are these shoes...

And this hoodie

Wish they made them both in my size! I also got Lottie a little spinning Cinderella carriage necklace from Grape Soda Co, as they had a sale of what they considered to be "imperfect" jewellery. As it was only for her to play with (under my supervision of course) I didn't mind it being imperfect, however I can't see anything wrong with it at all! And she loves it so much.

I also picked up these Minnie ears when I saw them in Smyths, they were something crazy like £4.99 and they're gorgeous! Allegedly for me, but of course mini me loves them too.

In October we found out that Charlotte needed glasses. She is long sighted and was struggling to see things close up. I was extremely apprehensive, how on earth was I going to get a 2 year old to keep glasses on? But once we picked them up, I'd say after the first 2 days she has been a superstar and never, ever takes them off. In fact in a morning if we forget to put them on she reminds us!

And I may be biased but I think she looks cuter than ever

So not much else happened until Christmas, where her Princess obsession was in full swing.

I bought her Princess Anna and Cinderella dresses which she loves. Her favourite is still Snow White though and she asks to wear that one most days. It's actually age 1-2 and I was debating ordering her a new one as it's a little worse for wear now. Which leads me nicely to drawing this back to the actual trip! I'm sure you're relieved to hear! I saw that Artist Point have started doing a Snow White dining meal, and although we have Akershus booked I couldn't not book this too. Amazingly the only night we could do it, was the one night an avavilable ADR popped up! I've heard good things about it so really looking forward to this one especially seeing her little face. And of course, I have now ordered the age 2-3 Snow White dress!

Fastpass wise we were able to get everything we wanted. I started with the days we wanted Flight of Passage, River Journey and the rides in Toy Story Land but we aren't really going to do any of the other big rides as Lottie isn't tall enough yet. Although we did measure her yesterday and she's actually shot up in the last couple of months, and is 95cm without shoes. so there's an outside chance she might be tall enough for Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Slinky Dog! We decided we'll ask them to measure her on our first day at Magic Kingdom and if she's tall enough will keep our eyes open for rogue fast passes.

I managed to get a really good deal booking our Seaworld tickets in their 'Blue Friday' sale. The 1 day tickets were on offer for $49.99 instead of $99.99 so basically 2 for the price of 1 (Charlotte doesn't need one being under 3). We've also booked something called Up Close Dining at Shamu Stadium.

I couldn't quite get over this one. It was $29 for one of us, then the other adult was free and we don't have to pay for Charlotte as she's under 3!

I was on a roll now so I also booked this...

Which was 50% off, so paid $45 for the 3 of us.

This did mean we had to rejiggle the plans slightly, and move our Seaworld day earlier in the trip but for savings like that we were happy to do it!
I haven't actually told Martin and Charlotte about the extras I've booked, thought it would be a lovely surprise when we get there.

I've also booked a Happily Ever After dessert party (again as a surprise!) as we've never done anything like that before. It seems like they have started adding a few savoury snacks to these too so hopefully that will help with the wall to wall sugar overload.

Lastly I've booked the Star Wars VR at Disney Springs as one of Martin's Christmas presents. He is really looking forward to trying this!

I've got loads of stuff for the plane to keep Charlotte occupied, she's really into craft now so got some foil art as well as the usual sticker books, colouring books, crayons, storybooks etc. I've picked up a couple of 'blind bag' type toys as well, managed to get some in the sale for 75p - £1. Brett, Jo and Marceline also sent her some Fuzzy Felts as Jo had heard they were good for flights, and she loves those, so definitely taking those too. I will be sure to feed back what was successful on travel day for anyone planning toddler trips! As last time we are also planning on taking MANY snacks!

Some of her plane entertainment!

And that will do it I think! Wish us luck, and see you on the other side!

Edited at 07:44 PM.
Old 6 Jan 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fab x
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It all sounds great, we are staying at Beach Club this year too so looking forward to hearing about that.

You look well stocked up for the plane! Lots of snacks is always good too
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't believe it is so close now! Charlotte looks ace in her glasses ❤ we'll be sure to look out for you xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Sounds fab x
Thank you, fingers crossed for a smooth trip! X
Old 6 Jan 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It all sounds great, we are staying at Beach Club this year too so looking forward to hearing about that.

You look well stocked up for the plane! Lots of snacks is always good too
Oh lovely!
Haha yes. It's too much really but she will use it in the room too so it's worth it I think! Always better to have too much than not enough I feel!