Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

How do you plan Disney’s Hollywood Studio’s?

Last year I made “single day plans of attack” for every Disney, universal and seaworld park in Orlando and they all turned out great! Now, for this year I find it very hard to make a plan of attack for DHS for the end of july 2020 and I am sure I am not the only one with all the uncertainties like rise of resistance boarding groups etc...(will they still use this system during summer?) Will there be mickey runaway or smuglers run fastpasses available 30 days before visit? What to ropedrop? Mickey Runaway or smuglers run? So I was just wondering how you all are planning your DHS day with all these uncertainties? All your ideas or thoughts are more than welcome and it would be greatly you shared them here.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Following !
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

We make a rough plan of what parks each day, book the fastpass we want/what’s available, although we are 60 days out. That’s the only planning we do and just go with flow when there. outside the fast pass just go with the flow mixing extra fastpass with some normal queues (when queues are fairly short) Always get on every ride we want many multiple times.

With Hollywood studios if like it currently is I would fastpass slinky and either queue normally for Smugglers run (has huge capacity meaning gets through queues quickly) or use the single line.

We should know soon about Mickeys Runaway Railway as it opens 4th March. I would for now just assume ROTR is still on the boarding pass and if it does change amend your plans at that point.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I will be a lot more relaxed about it and go with the flow. I will not even try to plan for things I don’t know and have no way of finding out.

My FP booking day is in just over two weeks time, at this point I assume ROTR and the new Mickey ride will not be on the fastpass system. So I have selected other fastpasses and I will book them at times that will suit, I think one day I will book them at 10, 11 and 12 and another day we will get to the park a bit later after a leisurely breakfast so those will be booked at 12, 1 and 2.

If ROTR is still doing boarding groups, we will not bother with it, far too much hassle and then can’t do anything else whilst waiting for a one hour return slot. It looks rubbish anyway, and from experience so is Smugglers Run, I don’t plan on wasting a fast pass on that. At this point my HS tier 1 fastpasses will be used on Slinky Dog, if Mickey ride comes onto FP, I will try to change one SD to that, if I can’t get one, so be it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our trip is still some time away so I’m not making any firm plans until FP day. Hopefully by then ROTR will be on FP as I can’t be bothered with the thought of the boarding groups. If they’re still doing them in September though I’ll probably FP Slinky over SR as I think the wait times for that won’t be bad or we’ll at least be able to pick it up as a 4th FP.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We don’t go till August, haven’t through about it really. We’re offsite so will just book what we can book and go from there. Have learnt over the years that there’s no point over planning because we always change our plans when we’re there to what suits us on the day and we still manage to have a brilliant time!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We go this spring, and have secured FP for slinky dog as well smugglers run. If by some miracle FP becomes available for either Mickey's runaway train or Rise of the Resistance than I'll try to change one the Tier 2 FP (I have reserved two for each ride, so four altogether). More likely, we'll attempt to rope drop and/or join a boarding group for these rides, and I have allocated (at least) two early starts at HS for doing so. I don't know when we'll be back at WDW after this visit, so I'm quite keen to ride all these new rides. If we've managed to do all we wanted at HS, then I may change our 4th planned visit to HS (half day) for a morning rest. It certainly makes planning a little more challenging, but we are excited to ride all these new rides (although we are not remotely Star Wars fans).
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Following this thread with interest. DH is a massive Star Wars fan and veeeery excited about Galaxy's Edge!

A shame it's not as straightforward as the other rides/parks re FPs but I'm sure it will all work out by August.

Hopefully we might not have to experience all the hassle that people going earlier seem to have in store... Time will tell.
Old 4 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WestRose
New Poster (4)

You can only plan for what you know at the time. I waited until night before fastpass booking time to decide, and then change our minds, how we were going to tackle HS. I did have all the rides and shows down on a list we wanted to try and do, so there is that. We had talked before hand only about at least going with two days at minimum, then night before FP booking changed to three. I think it depends on how you tour the parks, how many days, park hopper tickets or not, and other plans. We have no other plans but WDW this trip, and no real great desires in the other parks (minus MK) but a few.

We knew what rides for sure one day the MFSR ride, another day SDD for the Tier One category, and then even added a third day which we tacked on SDD again. In the event RotR and the new Mickey ride coming out on 4 March go to FastPasses, well, then we have to readjust.
WestRose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by WestRose View Post
We knew what rides for sure one day the MFSR ride, another day SDD for the Tier One category, and then even added a third day which we tacked on SDD again. In the event RotR and the new Mickey ride coming out on 4 March go to FastPasses, well, then we have to readjust.
I thought I knew all the abbreviations- what are MFSR and SDD?
Joshie1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List