Notices

Old 12 Jan 10, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GEORGIESMUMMY
Excited about Disney

"We are really going to see the Mouse! - pretrippie

Meet the cast!

Me: 33 yrs young and this will be my 3rd trip to meet the Mouse.

DH: 41 years young... his first ever trip to meet the Mouse!

DH and I only met back in 2004 and got married in 2006, so apart from the honeymoon, and a suprise valentine trip to New york, the furthest DH has ever travelled is the canaries.

DD: 15 yrs old and from my first relationship. Will also be her 3rd trip to Florida, but she was a little young first time to do all the big coasters, so should really love it this time around

DS: 3 yrs old and a big big play house disney fan and anything dino related too. DD was 6 and then 8 when we went so he is younger, but im sure he will enjoy it !

How did it all come about?

We always book the next holiday on return from the last so we have a year to plan and pay, and has worked well for me for the last 10 yrs.
I love Thompson and cannot fault them at all so on our return from fuerteventura in april last year decided to have a browse and see what they were offering to crete!
the holiday to fuerteventura was our last with DH kids, as they are all grown up now, so decided to price it up just for the 4 of us for april this year, but the prices for a fortnight room only was coming out at best price £3400, and still needed to find things to do whilst out there.
I thought that a little steep and found myself searching a little more and my fingers glided over florida ... ooops!

DH other kids had gone to florida the year prior with their mum and step dad so i figured they wouldnt be too mad if we went, so a quick text to them with the reassurance dad would love it had me thinking!

florida prices I just couldnt believe.
staying in the same hotel I stayed in in 2000 with a car thrown in but upgraded to a full size and with gold insurance leaving from gatwick on saturday 17th April... £1900!
i didnt think this price could be right as seemed tooo cheap, so i rang the help line number and they went through it with me and i had bagged myself a free child price and an online saving totalling to almost £800. so i booked it there and then paying the deposit... only problem was ... I hadnt spoken to hubby about it oooops!

so I waited for the confirmation to come through, having kept it to myself for almost 4 days, then that weekend i booked for us to go to the toby carvery.
over the meal i handed him the brochure page of the hotel. he had a look and said although it would be the holiday of a lifetime for him, it was too expensive, and that maybe we should look for something a little closer to home. Dread sets in thinking what have i done i really get the sick feeling at the bottom of your stomach. I handed him the envelope from Thomson with the booking info in it and he just looks at me in disbelieve, so i told him to look at the price.
a massive YIPPEEEE fills the restaurant and the silly begger starts to cry! its at this point it finally sinks in to me just how bigger deal this holiday is going to be to him!

all the planning going well, booked a room in the travellodge at Gatwick so we can sleep over the night before, searching for ticket deals then disaster stikes.

we got a letter from Thomson in november saying the flight back wont be on the usual plane but will be on a smaller one and with no seatback entertainment. i rang to see what plane it will be to find out it will be on one that they usually fly shorthaul on (sorry not too sure on names) at this point im devastated. we got changed to Cuba to a smaller plane and was uncomfortable, and said ide never go long haul like that again. especially not with a 3 yr old who will still want cuddles and comforting on the flight with us and his big sister. i see if premium is available but there will be none on that flight.
im left with no other option but to tell them ok ill cancell it and look at going with either another tour operator or look at going the following year. the CS lady asks if she can call me back in 10 mins. she rang back in 5 and said she could change us to leave on the sunday, (means changing hotel date) for no admin fee, and as we are valued customers she upgraded the whole family to premium class there and back for £100 all of us! not to be snapped... of course i chewed her arm off.

so since November we have been planning frantically and now have a few bits n bobs to sort out.
park plan almost sorted
tickets for parks to get.. ive been putting them off but will probably get them this week as have seen prices shoot up.
seats left to prebook on 17th Feb
packing.

now all we got to do is sit and wait... and just hope it doesnt drag tooo much

ty for reading and sitting throught all my rambling xx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DEENDEAN.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	19969   Click image for larger version

Name:	ASH.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	19970   Click image for larger version

Name:	GEORGGE.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	19971  
2000 - I/D - Best western Plaza (now the Avanti Resort) 2003 - I/D - holiday inn 2010 - I/D - Econo Lodge 2012 - I/D - International Palms Resort (now the Avanti Palms) 2014 - I/D - Avanti Resort 2016 - I/D - International Palms Resort (now the Avanti palms) 2017-2019 Discovered cruising 2020-2021 staycations due to Covid costa del back garden 2022 - I/D Avanti Resort 2023 - Stay at home due to bereavement 2024 - Family Cruise October 2024 - April Thailand

Edited at 06:09 PM.
GEORGIESMUMMY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Sounds like you have a great deal! Not long to wait now and hope it goes quickly for you.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 10, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Your DH sounds like a big kid at heart!

I hope you have a fab time.

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 10, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
IAN2003
Being a bit Goofy

wow what a great deal hope you all enjoy your holiday
Dibb villa 2016
Rosen inn 2018
IAN2003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 10, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you have a fab trip... look forward to reading all about it on your return
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a bargain you got yourselves.

Hope you all have a fab time
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Well done on the bargain and the premium seating.

I love the photos in your signature.
Old 17 Jan 10, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Sounds a fantastic price, and a great price for the upgrade.

I too got a good price, but booked independantly, flight and accomodation for less than my flight alone last august
Old 20 Jan 10, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Wills
Imagineer

Hope you have a fab holiday you got it at a great price too. Look forward to hearing all about it when your back.
Old 21 Jan 10, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a great time! Can't wait to see how your DS gets on as our DD will be 3 1/2 when we go in September.

I'm still debating the wisdom of taking my DD as we're battling tantrums at the moment but hopefully in another 8 months she will have calmed down!

Love your pre-trippie and the pics are gorgeous