Notices

Old 17 Apr 10, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Philly
Excited about Disney

"Move all the way along to the end of the row!"

My first trip report, please be gentle with me! I am not in the same category as some members on this site whose reports are truely magical and have had me in stitches, however, I wanted to share our trip with you all.

Have decided to call it:

"Move all the way along to the end of the row" and anyone who is a regular to the theme parks will understand its meaning, and the fact that a great number of people pay absolutely no attention to this request!

Anyway, the Phillips crew members are as follows;

DH Tam, 38, lover of all things Disney and Ice hockey! Plays it, watches it, lives it! (real name Craig ...exactly what I thought Tam sounds nothing like Craig) A name given to him by his Grandad when a small boy, this has now stuck and very few people call him Craig !

DD Betty, 15, hormones all over the place... quiet and moody now, don't you just love teenagers? (real name Beth...the nickname Betty given to her by our close friends who co-incidentally introduced us to Disney World in 1992)

DS Harold, 4, never stops talking, just as well he's cute! (real name Harrison after his REAL Dad Harrison Ford... kidding ! ) Gets Harry for short...or Harold... or H... anything but his proper name actually. We are a family of nicknames.. what can I say?

Me, Donk 43, similar to Mary Poppins..."Perfect in every way" Craig doesn't read trip reports so that statement is perfectly safe to print. (real name Carrie, still don't know where the nickname came from... do know it was one of Craigs friends who started it) I too am a lover of all things Disney!

This will be our 7th trip to Florida!

Now that we are completely spoiled by visiting the States/Florida/Disney, it simply "won't do" holidaying anywhere else in the world! Craig absolutely refuses to go anywhere but America! Yes...this is the man who will not shop anywhere back home for clothes, yet almost the minute we have landed we are screeching to a halt at the Florida Mall/Prime/ Premium Outlets and he's off like a man possessed. Not a lover of the roller coasters though (what a result for me ... ) he watches Harold... Betty and I are off like a shot!

"Yes... you take H to see Playhouse Disney and we'll see you in a few hours... BYE... Brilliant!

Betty... like me, loves most coasters (Sheikra, we are still having a little problem with though...200 feet drop, hmmm requires some serious nerves of steel) she loves Disney too!

Harold...loves Disney, watches Disney movies at night going to bed, loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny, which we are subjected to every morning before leaving the house.

It's a while before we go but like another Dibber said, when you start reading other peoples, it gets you in the mood! We leave on 20th June, stay at Hilton Hotel at Edinburgh airport and fly from there next morning down to Gatwick. From Gatwick we fly to Tampa, collect our Jeep and stay at the Comfort Inn on Busch Boulevard (incidentally, if anyone reading this has stayed there can they let me know what its like ! ) Next day, Busch Gardens then up to Orlando to Disneys Saratoga Springs for 11 nights. After this, 7 nights in a villa at Indian Ridge and after this 7 nights at Disneys Villas at Wilderness lodge...home on 16th July!

We normally go Sept/Oct, however, with Bettys exams etc. we have opted to go earlier... Craig has made a few observations, and silently.. I have addressed these.

It'll be 90 degree's and over you know ! (He burns to point of blistering, and cooks like a chicken in the sun. We'll get SPF 104)
The parks will be mobbed ! (Yip, sure will)
You do realise it will rain EVERY DAY? (Well it'll cool down your sunburn)
We'll never get a fast-pass ! ( What do you care? You don't ride coasters ! )
There will be even more parties of those Brazilian kids all wearing the same T-shirts! (Hmmm has a point there, they get on my nerves too)

I may have made it sound like he doesn't want to go, absolutely not true, he just has reservations about going in the height of the summer as opposed to Sept when the parks are most certainly quieter! Clearly, he just wants Disney all to himself and frankly whats wrong with that? !

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the Phillips Crew...yet! Once Betty has taught me how to upload them on here, and I have recent photos of us all, I shall endeavour to put them on!

Yes nothing like your children teaching you how to operate the simplest of things to make you feel old and useless!

See you on the other side... when I may be clinically depressed at being home, having spent a month at our favourite place in the world.
Old 19 Apr 10, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like it's going to be a great trip! Enjoy the rest of the planning and it'll be here before you know it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 10, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

sounds like an amazing trip you have planned! cant wait to read about it!

(for the record we too used to go in October and then switched to Summer, and to be honest I think I actually prefer July! it is very hot and humid, but you just have to accept that and hey its an excuse for more dole floats! We still NEVER queued more than TEN minutes for anything including all the big rides... it just takes a little more planning.
having said all that I have found no way to del with the hordes of Brazillians line cutting all the time!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 10, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post

If that's your first trip report than all I can say is I'm eagerly awaiting the actual trip when it happens. You've a nice chatty style and have certainly introduced the family well and all their "quirks". Hope when the time comes you have a fantastic time. 1992 was our first year of visit and we've been going back ever since.

Edited at 11:46 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 10, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Philly
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for your kind words..

"See Ya Real Soon"