Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
"Reach for the Sky" A May Pre Trippie

Deleted

Edited at 07:56 PM.
pennycrayon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hooray! Vent away! Can't wait to hear about your plans! It's getting closer Gem!

I love that 'last trip before you grow up'... we're doing the same... some growing up after wedding (clear some debt for 18 months) then one last trip (hopefully California) before house and babies...what are we like?!

Looking forward to hearing more! xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The Plans

First of all we were going to do a 5 night Disney Cruise on the dream with two stops at Castaway Cay, and 10 days at WDW on the free DDP. We had been on a western disney cruise for our honeymoon and LOVED it! I actually booked the cruise online but we started to get put off by the design of the adults pool and how busy the ship was, plus we had booked for during half-term so I started to worry that the parks and flight prices would be OTT! So we cancelled the cruise and got back to the drawing board...

I then spotted the offer of a $300 dollar disney gift card by booking through Virgin Holidays, we had never booked through VH before and actually infact all our previous trips have been DIY.

I had a little play with dates, looking at early May to avoid school holidays and to see the flower and garden festival (never seen this before), and up popped amazingly some reasonable quotes from VH!

With all the ash cloud fiasco and lots of little travel companies going bust, I did think it might be better to book with a big company like VH after all.

So then was the big discussion over where to stay, to maximise the free DDP we went for the SSR or OKW deal. We were really spolit over our wedding trip with a few nights in a 1 bedroom dvc villa at the boardwalk booked with a 45% discount on the disney usa site and I was really keen to stay in one again - honestly you could just live in them, but I didnt want to rent points as I am lazy and like my room cleaned everyday

So with a bit of persuasion I managed to convince Henry of an upgrade to a 1 bedroom (it helped that was cheaper than a standard room at AKL so Henry thought it was great value for money), we were booked at SSR. We got a really good deal once all the discounts had been applied

I have put a request for either Congress Park or the Springs on a high floor, but to be honest I think we would be happy anywhere but the Carousel section (knowing our luck thats where we will be put!)

Edited at 10:55 PM.
pennycrayon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 12, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Hooray! Vent away! Can't wait to hear about your plans! It's getting closer Gem!

I love that 'last trip before you grow up'... we're doing the same... some growing up after wedding (clear some debt for 18 months) then one last trip (hopefully California) before house and babies...what are we like?!

Looking forward to hearing more! xxx
Hehe!
Old 12 Feb 12, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
What we have booked

We live "up North" and will be travelling down to Manchester on the 2nd May, with a stopp at the cattery to drop off Marie

Originally we had booked the Radisson, but to save cash we cancelled this have booked the Premier Lodge FT for £32! It gets great reviews and even has a Costa Coffee!

I think we will probably wander down the Romper pub for dinner as it gets great reviews on here and is in walking distance so Henry can have a drink

The next day we are flying on the with Virgin , we have pre booked our seats (keep checking they are there) and it looks like we will be one of the new planes (hope so Henry really didnt think much of Virgin the last time we flew with them ).

We will be getting Boots meal deal sandwiches to take on the plane, as both hate Virgins food - the only bit I used to like was the Gu puddings and they have got rid of them!

But before we get on the plane we have treated ourselves to the V-Room at Manchester, very excited by this as I love a nice airport lounge.

Hopefully the flight itself will go quickly, and there will be some decent films to watch, and we get through security quickly. Estas are done (in my new name ) and we will need to call in to the VH holiday desk to pick up our free $300 disney gift card (cant wait to make use of this! ) and then onwards to the magical express

Edited at 10:55 PM.
Old 13 Feb 12, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Sounds great, May is a lovely time to go, i would make the most of this last one before kiddies as a real joy taking them but then miss the me/us time.x
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 12, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

The Romper is indeed a lovely pub!

Great PT, your cat is soooo cute!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 12, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Sounds like an amazing trip, I am looking forward to reading all about it.

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 12, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Sounds great, May is a lovely time to go, i would make the most of this last one before kiddies as a real joy taking them but then miss the me/us time.x
Yes, that's why fingers crossed this will be the last holiday for a while! Though that maybe because we have to do some serious saving from now on!

Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish View Post
The Romper is indeed a lovely pub!

Great PT, your cat is soooo cute!
OOOh another good review of the Romper, and yes Marie is a little cutie

Originally Posted by tink3 View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip, I am looking forward to reading all about it.
Thank you!
Old 15 Feb 12, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Deleted

Edited at 07:57 PM.