Notices

Old 1 Feb 13, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

"Let's try again" Pre-trippie

Hello everybody

Well, after having to cancel our WDW holiday last year due to 'unforeseen circumstances' we are finally set to go again!

I thought I'd start my pre-trip report today as it's our 180 day mark and I'm hovering around the computer waiting for the 11am ADR opening!

I've been working on the pan for weeks (well, actually years! ) now so I'm really excited.

We (That's me, Niki, DH Garry, DD Molly (19) and DS Will (18 when we travel) will be staying 2 nights at RPR and 14 nights at OKW in August 2013.

This is our 5th 'holiday of a lifetime' to Orlando - the first with the children was in 2000 when we really did think that it would be once in a lifetime. But of course, like so many of you on here once you've been you just have to keep going back because there is nowhere else like it!

We've never stayed at a Universal hotel before although we have done 'split stays' between I-Drive and WDW. I wanted to stay at a Universal hotel to take advantage of the FOTL access and early entry to WWoHP as we haven't seen that yet!

So far, we have the flights, Gatwick hotel and car park, RPH and WDW package booked. Oh, and DME for our return journey. (Yes I know - it's a bit premature but I just feel as though I have to be doing SOMETHING! )

So today is the big day. We've never had DDP before so I'm looking forward to booking some lovely meals / experiences.

This is my list so far:

T-Rex
Tusker House Breakfast
Sci-Fi Diner
teppan Edo
Hoop de Doo
Boma
Ohana
Raglan Road Sunday Brunch
Mama Melrose Fantasmic package
Be our Guest

We are not real 'foodies' but love fun and themed restaurants - as you can probably see

I've left a few TS credits free for 'walk ups' as we don't want to be completely tied to reservations but I've got the important ones in there.

So now I'm counting down - 30 minutes to go...

I'll let you know how I get on
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 13, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Sounds brilliant, lots of planning going on ! We are going 1st time soon for our trip of a lifetime with our 2 children (11 and 8), I also have a feeling it will be the first , I hope (if we can work hard and save up!)

Look forward to reading more x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 13, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds fab! Good luck getting the ADR's you want
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

So...

I didn't get to book online as I couldn't link to the DDP or my OKW reservation, so I had to hang around for another hour (whilst trying desperately to get it to work!) until I could phone.

I used the freephone number 0800 169 0730 and spoke to a lovely lady called Pauline.

Not a good start though when I couldn't get my reservation time for T-Rex (Yes, they're booked up already! ) but changed it for RFC and then booked T-Rex for another day. But I got all of the other times that I wanted.

Now I just have to phone tomorrow for the Rollicking Raglan Road Sunday Brunch (although the lady on the phone didn't know anything about it...!) and for Mama Melrose Fantasmic package, then again on Monday for Be Our Guest (our last night )

Footnote:
I just re-read my first post and noticed that I'd written "Been working on the pan..." I meant PLAN! HAHAHA! How embarrassing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 13, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi

I'm just planning our DDP ADR date. I've booked the day off work LOL! Looking forward to you plans
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List