Notices

Old 10 Dec 15, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

"Bring me sunshine... " January 2016

Someone? Please?!

So, with all this horrendous weather we have been having, our January holiday can’t come soon enough! This will be our 6th trip to Orlando (3rd as a family of 3) and as it has been 3 years since our last holiday there we are all very excited! We have had some fantastic holidays over the last 3 years…lots of trips to Albufeira (we have many friends over there), a very drunken adults only trip to Barcelona with friends for Mark’s birthday, several camping trips over the summer holidays with other families….but nothing beats Florida for me & Joel…(Mark loves Portugal, so Florida is in second place for him…is he mad? ! )

I completed a trip report from our last holiday – I loved writing it and it is so nice to revisit it from time to time. Here is the link to the index:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=707949

Now for the introductions….

Me – Emma, 43.

No longer a cake-maker by profession, as I am too busy with the singing. I sing in a duo called “NEON” – we gig all around Manchester/Oldham/Tameside and we mainly do cool 80’s music

I am still chief planner/organiser and Florida/Disney obsessive.

Mark, 45.

Singer/guitarist (yes, we are like the blinkin’ Von Trapps!), very hard working and talented. Still designated driver/chief holiday financer ;0)

Joel, 9.

Still Iron Man/Marvel/Transformer obsessed. Now added Minecraft & Ninjago to those obsessions. No longer into One Direction. In fact, he will probably go mental if he reads this and sees the mere mention of their name He is desperate to get back to Orlando to see Bumblebee, Optimus & Megatron and get on that Transformers ride. And to spend all his savings on Marvel figures in Walmart….

Here we all fully Marvel-ed/Disney-ed up at my birthday party, getting in the mood for our hols….

Iron Man & Hawkeye

Gamora

I had been planning on booking the fabulous condo at Legacy Dunes that we had in October 2012, and had been constantly checking for cheap flights when by chance I decided to look on the Travel City Direct website….and I found a deal too good to turn down! So following a 2 minute discussion with Mark, it was booked! We are flying from Manchester on 5 January, staying at Liki Tiki resort in a 2 bed apartment for 2 weeks. All in with car hire & insurance it was just over £1800 for the 3 of us

We are planning on visiting all of the Disney parks (hopefully a morning at Blizzard Beach if it’s warm enough, Universal & IOA, Busch Gardens and Legoland (a new one for us, both Mark & Joel are Lego mad so want to go). All tickets are sorted, apart from Busch Gardens (on my to-do list this week).

It is tradition with us that first day we visit IOA and Joel has decided on Bahama Breeze for tea (coconut shrimp…..nom nom). If you have read my previous report you will know that Joel is OBSESSED with prawns so he is very excited at the thought of being able to have them almost everyday for 2 weeks.

We haven’t made any ADR’s at Disney this time, we will probably get counter service during the day (may make an exception for Yak & Yeti as we loved it last time) and eat off site in the evening. I don’t like being tied to reservations so would rather just play it by ear – if we can get in somewhere when it takes our fancy then great, if not, no worries.

I can’t quite believe we go in 26 days! I am so busy concentrating on getting organised for Christmas and getting all the gigs out of the way that I have barely thought about packing. I have been picking bits and bobs up in the sales over the summer so need to start getting the clothes out and seeing what we have. I don’t think I need to buy much except suncream which we’ll probably get over there. I’m normally super organised for holidays but can see me rushing round like a loon just before we leave!

So here’s to a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and a fantastic, fun-filled Florida trip!

Edited at 11:49 PM.
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 15, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds fab! Have a great trip!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you xx
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 15, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Sounds like a great holiday will be had. Have a fabulous time.
Old 12 Dec 15, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Love all your pics. Hope you have a fabulous time
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 15, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Hiro
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow, not long to go! Have fun

Easter 2016 Pre trip report- the Grape Soda Pin trip
Hiro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay another January trip-er!

What a bargain you got there- not long to go now at all! What a treat in the new year
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 15, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone! Sorry it's such a brief report, it was done in a bit of a rush and I was being a bit lazy as most of our info was in my previous pre-trip report 😝😝😝 just over two weeks to go... what with the holiday & Christmas, excitement is at fever pitch in our house! See you there Sheluk 😉