Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

BA Flights Cancelled

Just received a message BA flight s cancelled
Manchester 7am to London Heathrow
London Heathrow to Miami

Checked in this morning for my original flights and every thing was confirmed.
Then 13.10 today get a message flights cancelled.
They have now moved us on to the later flight
9.45 Manchester to London
13.45 London to Miami

But we have lost our pre booked seats.

I though we would of received notice of flight changes sooner than this.
Old 12 Sep 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

not ideal but at least they have moved you to a different time. Do you qualify compo because of this move?
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Just received a message BA flight s cancelled
Manchester 7am to London Heathrow
London Heathrow to Miami

Checked in this morning for my original flights and every thing was confirmed.
Then 13.10 today get a message flights cancelled.
They have now moved us on to the later flight
9.45 Manchester to London
13.45 London to Miami

But we have lost our pre booked seats.

I though we would of received notice of flight changes sooner than this.
It's probably only just happened and this is them letting you know at the earliest opportunity

Did they give any reason for it?
Old 12 Sep 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
not ideal but at least they have moved you to a different time. Do you qualify compo because of this move?
It depends. The flight was cancelled for operational reasons that would qualify, but it depends at what time the door open at Miami. Their new flight time is 3hrs 5 mins after the original, but it might arrive at Miami early.

If 3 hours late on door open (not landing) at Miami its 300 euro or if more than 4 hours 600 euro, I believe. If it arrives more than 5 mins early nothing. So it might be one time a slight delay on the new flight is preferred.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
It's probably only just happened and this is them letting you know at the earliest opportunity

Did they give any reason for it?
They said it was due to the strike action, I said but there is no strike on my flight day.
There reply was the planes and pilots are out of sync.
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
They said it was due to the strike action, I said but there is no strike on my flight day.
Still qualifies for EC261 if you arrive late, as no 14 day notice, and BA strike does qualify.

That is why BA have now cancelled the flights on the 27th September to make sure they are not on the hook for compensation, just duty of care.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
It depends. The flight was cancelled for operational reasons that would qualify, but it depends at what time the door open at Miami. Their new flight time is 3hrs 5 mins after the original, but it might arrive at Miami early.

If 3 hours late on door open (not landing) at Miami its 300 euro or if more than 4 hours 600 euro, I believe. If it arrives more than 5 mins early nothing. So it might be one time a slight delay on the new flight is preferred.
Original flight was due to land at Miami at 15.00 the new flight is due to land at 18.45 so 3hr 45 mins later.

So the plane will have to make up 45 minutes in order to get us there before the 3 hr mark.

My main problem is we were going to drive up from Miami after landing but now as we get there much later by the time we clear the airport and collect car it will be looking like 20.00 and then the drive up would be making arrival to the villa around 5-6 am UK time so now had to book Hotel at Miami for the night at our expense.

BA on the phone was not concerned we have had to do this or the fact our pre booked seats are no longer booked even though we booked them months ago.
All they could say is you will get a refund for any payments you made for the seats.
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Original flight was due to land at Miami at 15.00 the new flight is due to land at 18.45 so 3hr 45 mins later.

So the plane will have to make up 45 minutes in order to get us there before the 3 hr mark.

My main problem is we were going to drive up from Miami after landing but now as we get there much later by the time we clear the airport and collect car it will be looking like 20.00 and then the drive up would be making arrival to the villa around 5-6 am UK time so now had to book Hotel at Miami for the night at our expense.

BA on the phone was not concerned we have had to do this or the fact our pre booked seats are no longer booked even though we booked them months ago.
All they could say is you will get a refund for any payments you made for the seats.
BA have that it is due to arrive at 18:05 on their status screen.
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Not great TBH. Have a read this to see if any of this helps

britishairways/en-gb...celled-flights
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

It will be one of two things - many crew and aircraft were out of position after the strike, but also BA (like other airlines, train companies etc) relies on goodwill from staff to work overtime in order to meet its schedules. Let's just say that goodwill from the pilots to work extra hours is a bit thin on the ground right now.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List