Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jun 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar83
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’re due to go to Port Orleans Riverside for 21 nights on 7th August. I’m surprised we haven’t been told too! My kids are going to be really disappointed when I tell them as they love the resort 😔
2023 - Hard Rock Hotel & 21 nights POR to celebrate my 40th birthday 🥳
2025 - Universal Royal Pacific then back to our home at Port Orleans
Wishuponastar83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm due to be staying in Port Orleans Riverside in September, we accepted Disney's discount (as adults we aren't fussed about parades or character meets and I hate fireworks so don't mind missing out on those either!) but now I'm very confused! I thought Disney were finally getting a handle on this and were going to show us how they're still a great company and know how to treat their guests, I don't appreciate having to find out my resort isn't opening via articles and information from here and not from them!

Also now trying to work out where I might end up moving too, won't complain at a deluxe resort!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I should have been going to POFQ in September but cancelled it. I belong to a Port Orleans FB group. A lady said yesterday she should have been starting as a CM in POFQ in March but obviously she couldn't. Disney have told her she'll be one of the first to be called back when POFQ opens but she doesn't know when that will be. It must be so stressful for her. For us it's just a holiday but that money will be her living, a means to pay her bills.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

We were due to go to POFQ in september, but cancelled before this news broke.
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad AoA is going to be opened, we are booked in for the end of November.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Normally their way around these situations is to upgrade you, so I expect that the POR/POFQ will get SSR or OKW- 9/10 they will utilize the DVC resorts. Not sure about WL- BR & CC as I believe legally if Disney is open then their Timeshare also has to be open, as has been talked about originally with Jambo & Kidani- they were going to "fill" one before the other.
Just don't think that they are covering themselves in Glory, this "drip feed" of info isn't good.
What you can do though is begin to estimate how busy they expect to be, by gauging as each Hotel opens
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 09:04 AM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just rang Ocean Florida and they didn't know anything about it! So it's just not just customers that havnt been informed!
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ginners View Post
Heard about this yesterday, due to stay in CSR in Sept, very interested to see what comes of that!
Yes us too as you know,I did notice that you can cancel with no charges for any bookings up to 3rd october,was not aware of that before,assumed I would lose deposit. Fingers crossed can make reservations today and we find out asap where we are being moved!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

For us that have had to make the decision about whether to accept the offered discount or cancel our holiday knowing what hotel we are going to be staying in plays a big part in that decision, one of the reasons we stay onsite is that we love POR so much and it being closed impacts on decisions.
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Disney resort re-opening dates confirmed

Not sure if posted already, taken from TouringPlans:

• July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Aug. 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Sept. 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Oct. 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort