Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I keep waiting to hear on ours, we are 17 Aug LGW - MCO but flying home from TPA
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blondie40 View Post
Sorry there is being positive and then there is being realistic. Trump is not letting us in. Flights are not leaving the ground. Trips are being cancelled at the end of August. Not pouring cold water just stating facts. I also wanted my holiday to go ahead but unfortunately a Pandemic put a stop to that. I would rather stay safe.
Trump could change his mind any time. This is a positivity thread, a break from the doom and gloom, and those of us on here are going until we are told otherwise. Incidentally was your flight to Tampa as so far they seem to be the only flights BA are cancelling.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie40
Dancing with Tink'

I was also part of this thread and was also staying positive but realistically knew that my August trip wasn’t going ahead and that was confirmed for me today. Most of the people on this thread also don’t seem to be going now. The numbers are climbing each day in Florida. Like I said I prefer to be realistic. Also how can you enter a country that’s not open to you even if you’re flights going. Your insurance is void?!?
Blondie40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Changed our outbound to Tampa to outbound to Orlando so still on for now!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I was also part of this thread and was also staying positive but realistically knew that my August trip wasn’t going ahead and that was confirmed for me today. Most of the people on this thread also don’t seem to be going now. The numbers are climbing each day in Florida. Like I said I prefer to be realistic. Also how can you enter a country that’s not open to you even if you’re flights going. Your insurance is void?!?
Like I said, Trump could change his mind any time and a lot can happen in the 81 days until I am due to go. Incidentally was your flight to Tampa as they seem to be the only August flights that BA are cancelling at the moment. In the cases of a couple of people on other threads BA are offering them another Tampa flight the day after their cancelled ones. Others are being offered flights to MCO.

Edited at 12:37 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I was Mrs positive last week, but the news on the manchester flight changes, plus the fact Wilderness Lodge will be closed during our visit means we’ve moved our holiday..:
Feb 2021 here we come!
good luck to all the lucky people who will get to go in the next few months...
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I think Donaldfan is just pointing out that this isn’t the thread for that kind of message. There are lots of other threads and a whole forum about the situation and all the negative aspects.

I was also part of this thread and have now opted to cancel my holiday (except my 12 Aug flights which still show as active) so I don’t post on here because it’s not the place for me now. Nobody can guarantee for sure what will happen in August, but everyone on here is aware of the situation and the factors involved, so reminders aren’t needed.

Good luck to everyone still holding out hope - there is always hope, and I still enjoy reading this thread. I look forward to seeing trip reports from those of you that get to see your wishes come true ✈️
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
StevieNight
I have Ears

Mobile

For anyone panicking reading the Dutch article, they’ve now apologised and said they got it wrong. They got confused between the immigrant visas and the Covid travel ban.
StevieNight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cube
New Poster (4)

My August 29th flights with BA from Gatwick just got cancelled

Might try Virgin or I'm going to have to leave the August 2020 party.
cube is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by StevieNight View Post
For anyone panicking reading the Dutch article, they’ve now apologised and said they got it wrong. They got confused between the immigrant visas and the Covid travel ban.
Another reprieve!