Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Do you know when you start a thread and you think someone out there will tell me to either get a grip and shut him in the kitchen or will have an amazing solution?

Well, I wasn't expecting this to cheer me up as much - it's amazing how we all fall in love with these little bundles of craziness even though they are a pain and do stoopid things!

I hate to say it but am do glad it's not just ours - he is not defective after all! Hopefully he will start to calm as he gets older and when the mornings get lighter we will have a cat flap and he can go out but for now I think the occasional purry cuddle and lack of sleep might be worth it!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Slightly off topic but one of my cats is now famous in work. I rescued her from Fuerteventura 9 years ago and one of our Comms team knew about it. We have a "social" section on our Intranet where during Covid they have put up feel good staff stories. My cat and her story appeared this week. The other 4 rescues I have also got name checked!
She is now giving pawtographs!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Our cat (2yrs) has all manner of posts and scratching things but he likes carpet. We had an off cut of carpet and I have now put that under his cat tree/scratching post and he is happy.
We used to keep him in the living room overnight but then we could hear him wanting to go out early in the morning.
We now have a cat flap with a curfew mode on it. So he can’t go out after 6pm but it lets him out in the morning at 5.30. We have one of those heat pad mats from Aldi which is meant to retain heat. He sleeps on that most nights but is free to roam the house.

We also have a timed feeder, I put his food in it frozen (raw fed) the night before and he then isn’t moaning at us to feed him in the morning.

That’s as much “training” as he will accept.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
Hopefully he will start to calm as he gets older
Sorry but this made me laugh out loud
I used to think that about our little fur-ball of fun... over 5 years later and she still has us up early in the morning and completely rules the house. We have a sign in our home that says "It's the cat's house, we just pay the mortgage" and it is so true! Love her to bits though

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

Sorry, had to post!