Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

We were on the escape DEC 2019
We paid 99 extra each and chose two offers. We had free alcohol and three free speciality meals. Enjoyed all three
NCL I found was middle of the road for dressing up for dinner which was perfect
Lots entertainment
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Just to add we've decided on a 10 night cruise on the Escape instead of 7 nights on the Gem as we wanted to be away for longer. It takes us totally out of our comfort zone being on such a monster of a ship but it looks amazing.
Ah so you changed to escape that’s what we did 2019. We paid 99 pound each for alcoholic package and three speciality dining meals each (had other options)
There is an adult area with jacuzzis and bar at back of ship but we stayed around the main pool for the music
The waterfront we enjoyed which is the outside area around the ship so lovely to sit outside in evenings to drink or some restaurants had outside tables.
o Sheehan’s is good instead of eating in main dining room
There was a place (forgot name) that you could eat three course meal with entertainment
We watched choir of man which was good
Lots entertainment in atrium
If you do have free meals I have some menus I can put on here
One thing is because it’s big ship book as soon as you can though we only booked six weeks before and booked what we could before. The rest booked as soon as in board.
Are you going to either of their private islands?

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Eeyorefanuk is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Ah so you changed to escape that’s what we did 2019. We paid 99 pound each for alcoholic package and three speciality dining meals each (had other options)
There is an adult area with jacuzzis and bar at back of ship but we stayed around the main pool for the music
The waterfront we enjoyed which is the outside area around the ship so lovely to sit outside in evenings to drink or some restaurants had outside tables.
o Sheehan’s is good instead of eating in main dining room
There was a place (forgot name) that you could eat three course meal with entertainment
We watched choir of man which was good
Lots entertainment in atrium
If you do have free meals I have some menus I can put on here
One thing is because it’s big ship book as soon as you can though we only booked six weeks before and booked what we could before. The rest booked as soon as in board.
Are you going to either of their private islands?
Thanks for the tips about eating and booking. We can't wait to try all the restaurants.

We got a really good deal of all 4 of the Free at Sea offers for £99 each, 30% off and our kids were really cheap as 3rd and 4th guests.

Our itinerary is Italy and Greece so no private island unfortunately but a great itinerary all the same with lots of places we've not been and that we can hopefully explore on our own which we like to do.

Kids will be 14 and 15 at the time we go and so I imagine they will be spending lots of time at the teen club so me and DH intend to go to the adult area a few times.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Thanks for the tips about eating and booking. We can't wait to try all the restaurants.

We got a really good deal of all 4 of the Free at Sea offers for £99 each, 30% off and our kids were really cheap as 3rd and 4th guests.

Our itinerary is Italy and Greece so no private island unfortunately but a great itinerary all the same with lots of places we've not been and that we can hopefully explore on our own which we like to do.

Kids will be 14 and 15 at the time we go and so I imagine they will be spending lots of time at the teen club so me and DH intend to go to the adult area a few times.
That sounds lovely with it being that part of the med.

I am sure you will love it 😊
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Sorry 😐 me again

Did you manage to book on refundable deposit? I know you can pay slightly more to do so with RC
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Sorry 😐 me again

Did you manage to book on refundable deposit? I know you can pay slightly more to do so with RC
No, but it was a low deposit of £200 and we have a no excess insurance policy which covers all eventualities so I was OK with that, and they have a decent enough covid policy themselves at the moment just in case.

Booked through a travel agent friend as he price matched them and I wanted to give as much of the industry our business as I could
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List