Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 16 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Our Vow Renewal Plans - Hard Rock Cafe - August 2019

Hi Everyone
So I started my pre trip report tonight for our upcoming trip here

And I thought I'd do a separate post for our plans for the vow renewal in case anyone is interested!

We've chosen here

because they have a replica of John Lennon's New York Apartment. When we got married, it was at the hard days night hotel in Liverpool and we had our photo's taken in the John Lennon suite (it was torrential rain alllllll day! )

Our youngest daughter wasn't born when we got married in 2011 so it's nice to be able to say our vows again in the presence of all our children with a nod to our wedding in the UK.

the apartment in HRC

and one of our photo's from the wedding day, it's a bit blurry, apologies, but you get the idea hopefully!

The HRC offers a package, our total cost with tax is $2403.72
that includes 2 hours at the apartment and use of the patio, an officiant to do the ceremony, a drink to toast, unlimited soda and water and a cake. The cake is 2 tier and will have flowers on it.

Communication with the HRC has been fab, and everything is in one place and sorted for me, We will visit the weekend we arrive to drop off our cake topper and a few other bits I will show you shortly.

Our booking is from 10.00 until 12.00 and then we will eat in the Hard Rock Cafe, we love visiting the restaurants wherever we go and can't believe in 3 previous trips have never been here!

We are staying in a suite at the Hard Rock Hotel the night of the renewal too, SO excited about the whole thing now!

One of our signs - I bought it from Etsy, was about £12 I think, we also have one for the kids to hold that says, they still do, and instead of our names it has Mum and Dad on it.

Our theme is mint green, it's fresh and summery and I love it.

My dress : from Fairy Gothmother in London, bought online in the sale for the bargain price of £195.00. I adore it.

My shoes, my bit of sparkle and also my bit of blue. They are irregular choice, cost almost as much as the dress (well half as much) but I reaaallllllyyyy wanted them ha!

my brooch bouquet, with green touches in it, a wonderful find, £100 on Etsy

The photo really really doesn't do it justice, it is stunning.

I'm wearing my original Tiara from the wedding and taking my Mrs M bag, also from the wedding with me :

again photo is really not great, the bag is beautiful in real life!

My girls have mint green dresses, here they are in their original form, check out the price! I bought 3 so I'd have enough for any alterations needed.

And here they are after my auntie worked her magic on them, I am so very lucky. I wish I hadn't taken the photo in that exact spot in front of the canvas in Mums bedroom, but never mind!

Both girls have the same mint green converse

again more than double the price of their dresses, what is it with girls and shoes!

The Tiara's they have on were £5 each from ebay.
Their hair will be part up and part down and curled, I have found a hairdresser on FB who lives in Davenport and will travel to the villa on the morning for us. She is also a brit who has lived out there for years now. Again, communication has been fab!

Their flowers are artificial sunflowers, from GroovyRuby £19.99 each. I love sunflowers and it's an extra splash of colour

Finally, I've had a family tree comissioned to take with us, and I don't mean from Ancestry! Here it is, It's mint green, has all our initials hanging in it and also has a plane charm to represent our trip to Florida.

I got it from Rainbow trees on facebook. I bought one at a Christmas market night, it's Silver and white with heart charms in, it's beautiful so I knew right away I wanted one comissioned to take with us to Florida. It' was about £35 I am going to buy shares in bubble wrap for this trip!

I haven't forgotten the boys! I just don't have photo's of their things, they are wearing beige linen trousers and a white top, very casual and cool.

I'm sure there are things I've missed, and some things still to do, I'll update if I think of any other things!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I should say, we have booked Randy Chapman for our photographs, we had a family photo shoot with him in 2014, at art of Animation resort. Photos from that in my 2014 trip report in my signature if anyone wants to look at some of his work.

There really wasn't anyone else I wanted to ask, yes, we met him 5 years ago for an hour but he was so lovely and it felt more personal l to us to have someone we have met before capture this moment for us!

Edited at 08:15 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Your outfits are amazing, love your theming! Didn't know about the apartment, may have to drop this out to DH... 😂👍

Edited at 11:16 PM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Hi,

Can I just ask how much you are paying for the hair dresser, we currently have hairdresser booked through our wedding package but it’s costing quite a lot I have looked at other people’s recommendations on here but again very expensive, we are staying in a villa in Davenport and it would be great if there was someone local who could come to us for less cost?
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by jacimac View Post
Hi,

Can I just ask how much you are paying for the hair dresser, we currently have hairdresser booked through our wedding package but it’s costing quite a lot I have looked at other people’s recommendations on here but again very expensive, we are staying in a villa in Davenport and it would be great if there was someone local who could come to us for less cost?
Hiya

Of course, I’m using Hair by Claire, have a look on FB, 20 years experience, mobile hairdresser at affordable prices,

I’m paying $80 for me and $65 each for the girls, we all have very long hair and I’m having an updo

Might be worth dropping her a message, are you on FB actually? Let me know if not and I’ll look for other contact details!

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Sounds fab! We check into the Hard Rock on the 12th too. I'll make sure I keep an eye for you x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Sounds fab! We check into the Hard Rock on the 12th too. I'll make sure I keep an eye for you x
Oooo, if you do see us and you have time, pop and say hello! x

Colette
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Oooo, if you do see us and you have time, pop and say hello! x
No way, we also check into HRH on 12th! 😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
No way, we also check into HRH on 12th! 😂
Mini DIBB meet! 🙌😂 xx

Colette
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Madness !

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List