Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Aug 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Singapore for a week

Hi I’m considering cancelling my trip to Doha and booking Singapore for October half term instead. It will be myself and DS 11. Has anyone done a week? I’m not interested in teaming it with anywhere else, just Singapore on its own. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

we spent 2 weeks in Singapore visiting friends who live there, don't know if I would travel so far for just one week but everyone is different.
Singapore has loads to offer but is very expensive when there
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks 😊We did Orlando for a week in February so I’m telling myself a few hours more won’t hurt 😂Main thing is it’s a night flight, so hopefully if we do it, it won’t seem so bad.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Sorry I am not answering your question but if you do go I would love to read a trip report or highs and lows report. I would love to visit Singapore.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

it is a fabulous place to visit, spotlessly clean but the only thing we found reasonably priced were taxis surprisingly
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

If I do go, I’ll definitely do that 😊
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Oh dear 😟 It looks like it may be Turkey then as that’s our other choice. Did you eat any any Hawkers markets? You can see where I’m going with this 😂Our hotel that we might stay at Holiday innClarke Quay has breakfast included and it looks like we will be eating it at this rate 😊
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Oh dear 😟 It looks like it may be Turkey then as that’s our other choice. Did you eat any any Hawkers markets? You can see where I’m going with this 😂Our hotel that we might stay at Holiday innClarke Quay has breakfast included and it looks like we will be eating it at this rate 😊
Hi how are you..?

My sister went to Singapore for her honeymoon (for three nights before going onto a beach). She loved the vibe and hawkers markets but said it cost a LOT more than she expected and was glad they hadn’t stayed longer?
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
moggitymog
slightly serious Dibber

We also ate at the only Michelin star hawker stall in Singapore, i think it was about £3 for their special dish. I can't recall the name but it will come up if you google it, I think it was on Smith street x

International plaza resort and spa - March 2009 Hawthorn suites, westwood boulevard - Nov 2011 New York - Nov 2014 Rosen inn, pointe orlando - Feb 2015 Enclave Suites - Feb 2018
moggitymog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
The Sampsons
Proud to wear my Ears

The Sampsons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are going for a week on 18th September to watch the F1 GP! Can’t wait to go and will let you know what it’s like. Everyone has been saying a week is fine, work commitments unfortunately won’t allow longer 😢
2019 Jen Orchardgateway Singapore
The Sampsons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List