Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Great service from Disney

With all the doom and gloom at the moment I just wanted to say how simple and straight forward Disney have been today to push our cruise back next year.

We should have been on the Wonder from San Diego at Easter after spending a few days at Disneyland. One quick call this morning and our cruise has been rearranged for the Western Caribbean on the Fantasy in August. No stupid wait time on the phone, amendment fees or difficulty. I've added an extra child on to the booking and have received email confirmation before I was even off the phone.

Although we still would have been happy to cruise in April I don't think it's a great time to be visiting Disneyland, especially as we haven't been before. Going to save that for another year when hopefully some normality has been restored
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

This is why I love Disney Cruises as I've always found they actually are very good at the customer service side! Glad they sorted it.
Old 20 Aug 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We’ve had similar great service from Princess - money refunded or doubled as a future cruise credit. We had a £1 deposit on one cancelled cruise, we got £101 back as a future cruise credit.👍
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

After having hassles with other holiday cancellations and having to chase refunds it was a welcomed relief. Sorting my flights with Virgin was also faultless.

Still don't have the usual excitement of having booked but I'm happy to have those extra few months to get sorted.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
After having hassles with other holiday cancellations and having to chase refunds it was a welcomed relief. Sorting my flights with Virgin was also faultless.

Still don't have the usual excitement of having booked but I'm happy to have those extra few months to get sorted.
When going on a cruise we’ve started booking flights through the cruise line. They are very competitive in price but best of all, really flexible. Nothing to pay until cruise final payment date and refundable up to 56 days before. It’s possible to refare if cheaper prices come along after booking. With so many cruises cancelled not having to worry about getting flight refunds has been a bonus.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

That's a really good point, definitely worth considering.
We have tickets with Virgin to use so are tied with them this time really. Problem is we don't want to cruise if no shows or deck parties & we don't want the holiday without the cruise.
We'll wait until cruising restarts we can get an idea of what the restrictions will be like before rebooking flights. Hopefully it won't be too last minute!
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We also had great service from Disney.

We should be on Fantasy now 😭 took the 125% fcc and rebooked for both Easter and August.

They moved our onboard discount and credit to our April cruise and said we can still change our mind for a full refund through to December.

What date are you sailing in August? We’re 21st
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Same here, great service, we had a 6 night western Caribbean booked for December 6th.

Called and answered straight away, moved exactly a year to 5th December, same cabin, cost £90 more but it’s a 7 night in December 21, was over the moon.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We also had great service from Disney.

We should be on Fantasy now 😭 took the 125% fcc and rebooked for both Easter and August.

They moved our onboard discount and credit to our April cruise and said we can still change our mind for a full refund through to December.

What date are you sailing in August? We’re 21st
28th for us. Hoping to fly out the week before and have a few days at Universal but will depend on work and money. A year today for you
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Yes, DCL appear to she it right. We are hoping to move our WBPC from Feb 21 to Feb 22 when the new dates come out in Oct, appears to be within the move date deadline of placeholder discount. We used our new placeholder for Oct 7 night Eastern on the Fantasy next Oct, Our second Eastern but we didn’t dock in St Thomas Last time and we are sailing with cruise friends. Hoping it will some sort of normal by then but if not we may still go, trying to get to platinum and the autumn 7 nights are the cheapest.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List