Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ccjames
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I have a Holiday booked through Virgin Holidays and the terms and conditions state that changing from one London airport to another is not classed as a major change. I have tried to contact them through twitter to cancel as my balance is due in July and I don’t want to incur any more losses (other than my deposit). They told me not to worry about that and they will reach out to me around the time it is due and we can discuss what we want to do then. We have decided to cancel as we want the full Disney / Universal experience so we are going to rebook for 2022. We already have a longish holiday booked for somewhere else next year so we think that will be best for us.
ccjames is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by ccjames View Post
I have a Holiday booked through Virgin Holidays and the terms and conditions state that changing from one London airport to another is not classed as a major change. I have tried to contact them through twitter to cancel as my balance is due in July and I don’t want to incur any more losses (other than my deposit). They told me not to worry about that and they will reach out to me around the time it is due and we can discuss what we want to do then. We have decided to cancel as we want the full Disney / Universal experience so we are going to rebook for 2022. We already have a longish holiday booked for somewhere else next year so we think that will be best for us.
Oh thanks for this! Helpful although disappointing for those who’ve bought just flights and have paid outright
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
Oh thanks for this! Helpful although disappointing for those who’ve bought just flights and have paid outright
Some one may correct me but as far as I understood your flight from Gatwick will be cancelled therefore you would be able to claim a refund.

I am not bothered about going out of Heathrow but I will not go via an indirect flight and I am not convinced that any Virgin flights before their 25th Oct schedule start will be direct so we will wait for them to cancel and expect a refund purely on that basis, but equally as far as I am concerned they will have cancelled my Gatwick flight therefore I can get a refund.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Do we know why Virgin isn't going to run directs before end of Oct? I had noted the same but assumed it was a system transition or glitch maybe...
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Whilst i get that moving from LGW to LHR will be annoying for some but going forward will this mean that those people will never go to Florida with Virgin or BA again if they do not return to LGW? (yes i am aware that BA haven't formally announced a change)

Heathrow is easier for a lot of people but it is also fairly easy to transfer from one to another via coach.

In the current climate and with all the changes to WDW announced today then as a full package it should be fully refundable as not what people booked but is it reasonable for a slight inconvenience
Old 29 May 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Not bothered about which airport I go out of as we will choose Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester depending on which airport in Florida we want.

The deal breaker for me is indirect. I will not travel indirect, nor will I transfer from one airport to another in a single journey.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Ours is still showing as LGW. I've been told that if they change the flight number then we stand a good chance of qualifying for a refund, but if it's the same, then we don't as it's considered a reasonable change. No idea how accurate that is as I'm reading so much conflicting advice so trying to just wait and see when they contact us.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Mobile

Totally a personal opinion, however the flight booking appears as a schedule change and not a cancellation on the VS website. So my belief is that virgin will bot treat the move from Gatwick to Heathrow as a cancellation with any refund in amount paid for the flight.

Putting the shoe On the other foot - if anyone was flying to orlando and virgin said their flights were now landing at Sandford instead of MCO then would people want to cancel? I think they probably wouldnt.

Both Gatwick and Heathrow are classed as "London" so in my opinion I think they will expect people to travel - assuming we are able to do so
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Whilst i get that moving from LGW to LHR will be annoying for some but going forward will this mean that those people will never go to Florida with Virgin or BA again if they do not return to LGW? (yes i am aware that BA haven't formally announced a change)

Heathrow is easier for a lot of people but it is also fairly easy to transfer from one to another via coach.

In the current climate and with all the changes to WDW announced today then as a full package it should be fully refundable as not what people booked but is it reasonable for a slight inconvenience
Honestly Heathrow is easier! But we booked DIY and can not afford to lose £3500 if we choose not to travel this year so looking for ways to get money back from flights. Could be considered sneaky I guess?!. I would be happy to travel if safe to do so and not do parks but others in the party are going to Disney for the first time and the experience would not be worth their money. Hope this makes sense.
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Totally a personal opinion, however the flight booking appears as a schedule change and not a cancellation on the VS website. So my belief is that virgin will bot treat the move from Gatwick to Heathrow as a cancellation with any refund in amount paid for the flight.

Putting the shoe On the other foot - if anyone was flying to orlando and virgin said their flights were now landing at Sandford instead of MCO then would people want to cancel? I think they probably wouldnt.

Both Gatwick and Heathrow are classed as "London" so in my opinion I think they will expect people to travel - assuming we are able to do so
This is all I am trying to establish with hopefully someone who had Already contacted Virgin Atlantic to enquire! Just so I can let the rest of my party know where we stand atm.

Doesn’t seem anyone has tried yet though thanks for info.