Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Staying at the Yacht Club

I think this is a controversial subject because I have read so many mixed reviews about the YC.

I have stayed at the Beach club many many times on my WDW family trips, but the YC will be my first solo trip deluxe hotel.

I wanted the YC because I like the fact you are promised a full balcony there - and also, there was no room at the BC!

Has anyone stayed there recently? I am due to be there end of Sept/beg of Oct and I am so excited but I only seem to reading bad reviews.
Old 11 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Many will not like my answer but Yes in November , my advice go somewhere else! We would never stay there again despite being given the pick of any deluxe as compensation. Says a lot. Our experience was dire.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Many will not like my answer but Yes in November , my advice go somewhere else! We would never stay there again despite being given the pick of any deluxe as compensation. Says a lot. Our experience was dire.
I can't really afford anywhere else, this has already cost me £5k just for myself on a solo trip and the Beach Club is full apparently.

Why was your trip so dire?
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
I’ve posted this before on another thread and my trip report but front desk were useless and I mean useless, I got sick of going there . They couldn’t have cared less , I even had the duty manager down , the handles on the main entrance doors were missing for the full 5 nights we were there , the room was appalling and filthy and stayed that way , they didn’t send someone to clean it and this was our second room

It was just awful for the money, no way is this a deluxe .all it has going for it is the location imo.
I fully appreciate everyone’s experience is different but as you say this cost an awful lot of money and issues didn’t get resolved . I could accept if they did but I had to use the CEO email to actually get any results after we returned home. Shocking customer service .
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve stayed there three times in the last two years and never had an issue. Rooms have been very good as was quiet pool and other facilities. Other than check in and odd requests we didn’t need a lot of customer service from front desk but people we did deal with were good. I would go back (and hope to) based on our experiences.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
I’ve Just seen a review of the poly on Facebook ( Pete werners dvc one) and that room is disgraceful , filthy and hairs all over the bedding 🤢🤢🤢 . It’s how the resort handle it imo and the yacht were dire. It can happen at any resort but my point is for the amount you are paying it shouldn’t be happening in the first place .
Our poly stay during the same period was fabulous but I’d be disgusted if I had had that room on Facebook today .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

I am surprised you have only seen poor reviews. Of the 2841 on tripadvisor, 57% rate it as excellent and 85% rate it as either excellent or very good. Only 2% rate it as terrible.

I posted something similar on the BC thread the other day - there will always be somebody that does not have a great experience at a hotel, but it makes more sense to look at the bigger picture.

The other thing I mentioned on the BC thread is that my worst ever dining experience was at the Flying Fish, but it has 77% excellent / very good ratings on tripadvisor. So unfortunately, I can only conclude that it was me that got the atypical experience on that occasion.

Anyway, yes I was at YC recently, well less than a year ago. If I were to do a trip advisor review then I too would have rated it as excellent. No issues whatsoever, probably the best Disney hotel we have stayed at although Contemporary would always be my top pick once I factor in location. I have done a short review on dibb which you will find if you click on the number 7 in hotels reviews by my avatar.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Notwithstanding the negative reviews which are entirely justified, Mexy’s room was filthy, I would still stay at YC and BC, Poly etc etc.

I truley believe two things. Firstly, negative reviews are more common than positive and no two stays are the same. No two meals at a restaurant are necessarily the same for that matter.

Disney despite what we see on the surface, really do want every guest to have a magical stay, indeed they want us to return again and again, otherwise they have failed. We should get what we pay for and those minimum standards should apply to all guests period.

Disney332
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
This is just what’s been posted on someone’s stay at the poly 🤢🤢 dis way standards certainly are dropping . Way beyond unacceptable and the Bedding obviously has not been changed .

As said it can happen anywhere but it’s how they handle it and once again this isn’t being handled very well from what I’ve read .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 12 Jan 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Web Owls
Excited about Disney

We stayed there last summer and both rooms were excellent.
We told them one of the rooms hadn't been cleaned and was given a $100 gift card and within 10 minuted the maid was there.
When our son left his hat on 7DMT the CM spent over 1/2 hour to get it back, unfortunately they couldn't but said they would keep looking. We got the message the next day, no luck. On a separate note we filled in the lost and found form on website. Could not believe it when the hat got delivered 2 weeks after
We are booking again for 2021, great location and very good stay.

Saying that no matter what hotel you stay at there is always that chance you will have a bad experience, just remind them what level of service you expect for the amount you have paid.
Hard Rock,Aventura,Portofino 22
Web Owls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List