Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 May 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Anyone rented their points out on the Dibb?

I have rented from Dibbers before buying in to DVC but not been a renter.

If you have rented could you please maybe give me some information by PM?

Thank you
Old 20 May 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If it were me I’d draw up a good agreement, particularly dealing with cancellation - effectively setting out no refunds but if points can be moved and if availability and it’s cancelled, you will move it but have no further liabilities in the event of frustration or cancellation.
Old 20 May 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
I have rented from Dibbers before buying in to DVC but not been a renter.

If you have rented could you please maybe give me some information by PM?

Thank you
I have a couple of times, I'm sure my more recent renters still frequent these boards so maybe they'd like to give you their experience.

I've not advertised them, I'd mentioned on here that I may rent leftover points and then had people PM me. I always ask for full payment upfront, once I receive that I make the booking and send the confirmation. I stipulate no cancellation and no amendments although I would always strive to help anyone out if I could, you have to have terms to protect yourself & your points. I also don't get into 1 night bookings (unless I had a small number of points leftover), I have a minimum rental, if you put up a load of points the last thing you need is 20 people all wanting odd nights.

I've rented via The Disboards in the past to americans and had no issues there either.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I've rented out via David's and here, no issues.

I had two bookings for June and August with Dibbers, as my bank date is July 31st and use year Dec I thought it was fair that I gave a refund on those bookings as they were not going to go ahead. I'm happy with that and those that booked with me are happy too.

I'll be careful with future bookings to be clear about cancellations with regards to proximity to my banking date and end of use year. This event has just made those dates more relevant, hadn't particularly thought about it before.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Thank you for that information.
Old 20 May 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For me if I was renting out and I could move or make use of the points I would be very happy to do so. nI would not like to see a renter suffer. BUT if they rented and basically you lost your points, I would have to charge- at least the dues cost (maybe a good compromise then you dont make any money but are not subsidising- that would be a good deal for the renter too).
Old 20 May 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I'll be careful with future bookings to be clear about cancellations with regards to proximity to my banking date and end of use year. This event has just made those dates more relevant, hadn't particularly thought about it before.
Likewise! I’ve always just tried to develop a good rapport with renters then find you just work together & are fair with each other. None of us are here to rip anyone off but likewise can’t be put in a position where we stand to lose our points.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List