Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 May 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Home Resort Availability

Hi again,

We're aiming to buy in (FINALLY) early next year and get the Poly as our home resort.

My main concern is actual availability. We're likely to either go for 2 or 3 weeks in September (or maybe every now and then April) what is the likelihood of us actually getting 2 or 3 weeks? Is it something thats actually possible? (Not including the current Covid-19 issue btw)

Cheers!
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

2 or 3 weeks at Poly at 11 months? No problem whatsoever - in fact its normally bookable at 7 months. So just book your weeks consecutively each week at 11 months then have MS merge them, or you will be very likely (I am 100% but never say never with Covid backlogs) just wait three weeks into the window and book in 1 go.
Old 24 May 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As above you won’t have a problem

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No problem, to expand only VGF is "heavier" points wise so even those sought after Epcot resorts, the 2 WL & BLT are 10-11 points less per week & on a 3 week holiday 30 points is a lot IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by robbrdbry View Post
Hi again,

We're aiming to buy in (FINALLY) early next year and get the Poly as our home resort.

My main concern is actual availability. We're likely to either go for 2 or 3 weeks in September (or maybe every now and then April) what is the likelihood of us actually getting 2 or 3 weeks? Is it something thats actually possible? (Not including the current Covid-19 issue btw)

Cheers!
I am sure you know but I have ran into some who didn't realize Polynesian only has studios and bungalows for choices. Of course, the Bungalows require a large of amount of points so really it is only studios as your option.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 26 May 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Cheers for the info/help. Fortunately there's only the two of us so a studio is more than ample and we're aiming to comfortably have the points to cover us hopefully. Thanks again!
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Cheers for the info/help. Fortunately there's only the two of us so a studio is more than ample and we're aiming to comfortably have the points to cover us hopefully. Thanks again!
And if you want to conserve points there will always be the likes of SSR (refurb rooms lovely) which you’ll be able to get at 7 months on much less points. If you go summer I find there’s availability in places like Boardwalk and even Copper Creek often at 7 too. I had a CCV studio booked August.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
And if you want to conserve points there will always be the likes of SSR (refurb rooms lovely) which you’ll be able to get at 7 months on much less points. If you go summer I find there’s availability in places like Boardwalk and even Copper Creek often at 7 too. I had a CCV studio booked August.
Wow, the fact that BWV and CCV are doable is pretty exciting/impressive.
Old 27 May 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I agree, we stayed at the Poly this year late Feb/early March so I was keeping an eye on the availability in the run up to my 7 month window and there was plenty of it. Our nights weren't impacted until around 4 months beforehand, up until then I could have easily extended our stay.

I wouldn't expect to easily get BWV at 7 months for September though because of food & wine, making the Epcot resorts very popular.

Good luck & enjoy

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 08:41 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Wow, the fact that BWV and CCV are doable is pretty exciting/impressive.
For some of these keeping an eye on it and moving at 8am ET (or even a little walk if you get a window in a bit before) may be necessary. You have to be flexible with studios, don't set your heart on any place at 7 but there is usually some good options. 1 beds, the only ones I have real difficulties with are maybe Copper Creek close to Xmas, BLT over New Year (got it last year though) and VGF is a toughie in fall and at Xmas. Summer absolutely everywhere is available and most views in 1 beds.

Xmas last year and this I could book a 1 bed no issue in both Beach Club and BLT and it was available again this year. I just looked now, albeit I have missed the 8am ET window and tons of choice in 1 beds- if not full periods, some nice split stays. Have a 1 bed standard view booked at Boardwalk from 17 December this year- a supposedly very hard to get booking (great point value).

Edited at 04:39 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List