Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 May 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Which of these 3 resorts for a 2Bed Villa?

Hi,

We would like a 2 bed villa at either BC,BWV or WLV

BC is our first choice but i have seen quite a few of the rooms are next to a fairly busy road or is this not true?

BWV i have stayed at many times and i am happy with any category here as none seem to be bad views or am i wrong again?

WL is my fav resort but as we stayed last time the rest of fam want to stay somewhere else and the BW is their preferred location.

Can anyone help me with pros and cons of room locations?

Thanks
Old 28 May 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

My big issue with the BC is there are really good views like this

and really bad ones like this

and no way, other than a request, to try and get a good one.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I would stay at BWV or BCV for park access but given the fact you have some control at BWV because they are split into categories I would go BWV - Boardwalk or Pool view.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I'd go for Boardwalk.

BCV was my first and main DVC contract and if you get a good room there it is fabulous. I don't mind the woods view rooms but unfortunately you are right about the road and I've had that 'view' so many times now I routinely try and swap out of BCV at 7 months as I seem to get that view more than any other
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

For me I only choose BWV over BCV to save on points, personally I prefer the ambience at BCV, it just feels more laid back, i've always found BWV has a slightly austere feeling to it. We've never got lucky with a BWV view either, when we've stayed there our views have been of trees like in the PP's picture from BCV.

I've never even noticed the road at BC let alone been bothered by it, just lucky I guess.

Ultimately, those are all fantastic resorts, i'd be happy in any of them, but my order of preference would be...

BCV
WL
BWV

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You can’t go wrong with any of them but BRV needs an update (it’s next) but Copper Creek is cracking.

Beach Club is lovely there is not really any busy road next to it, there’s a ‘fairly’ quiet road (Epcot Resorts Blvd?) the other side of some trees (Epcot side) but they were doing some major construction work building what looked to be a bridge on a lake out the back of Beach Club at Xmas when we stayed. I posted some photos up here at the time. I wouldn’t have been happy facing it but that will be done soon.

We had a 1 bed there at Xmas facing the courtyard- not a massively inspiring view but no complaints.

Not sure if that new bridge they were building may bring the road closer to the property though so one to watch for.

Boardwalk is our favourite. We prefer the ambience to Beach Club (which we also love) and actually prefer the pool. Also I like the look of it more and it feels a bit more unique. I’ve stayed in a standard view 2 bed lockoff a few years back and they are cracking points value, have a standard 1 bed there this coming Xmas (fingers’ crossed).

Edited at 10:01 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

My personal favourite from the Boardwalk is this one. It was private I suppose

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This picture gives you a better idea of the road location and recent construction (no idea of completion date)
It's not a major road but it is a route for the buses going to/from the parks and local hotel traffic.
I love to breakfast on the balcony so I do notice the traffic but if you don't use it much you probably wouldn't.

This is from the room
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This was it last Xmas, I said then I’d have been far from happy if I’d been in a room overlooking this. Fortunately in the rest of the resort you didn’t even know it was going on. I am not sure where the bridge was before and if it’s moved closer or whether it was just a straight rebuild (this is an area you don’t usually see unless you are overlooking it or parked at the very back of the car park which is when I noticed it).

Edited at 08:07 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
My personal favourite from the Boardwalk is this one. It was private I suppose

That looks like every BVW room view we've had!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List