Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jun 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

AKL Jambo currently no avaivabilty untill 2nd Jan 2021?

Just checking availability across all WDW DVC resorts and there's none in any room type at Jambo House AKV until 2nd Jan 2021, whereas all the other DVC resorts have at least some availability.

We actually cancelled a 1-bed Value at Jambo early this morning, so anyone know if there's a glitch with the booking system?
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I saw a rumour that it was blocked out for the possible NBA sports people - apparently they need an isolated base for weeks. The other alternative was Coronado Springs - we might know more after the meetings scheduled for June 4th.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I saw a rumour that it was blocked out for the possible NBA sports people - apparently they need an isolated base for weeks. The other alternative was Coronado Springs - we might know more after the meetings scheduled for June 4th.
Correct in regards to the rumor. Lebron wants to play pool in the 3 bedroom at Jambo.

dvcnews/resorts/animal-k...ts-bubble-site

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wonder will pre existing bookings be honoured I’m supposed to stay in dec & jan
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I would personally be sceptical of the legality if true, unless the same number of DVC points are left in AKL cash rooms turned over to DVC which ‘absorb’ the points in Jambo- but even then they are not DVC rooms with the same amenities. Disney cannot simply requisition real estate owned by others.

Edited at 03:26 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by jellytots View Post
Wonder will pre existing bookings be honoured I’m supposed to stay in dec & jan
That is a very good question. I would love to know about the people that made a reservation for Jambo for July and August. Are their reservations still in tact? Did they get moved to another DVC resort? Kidney?

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Our is still showing on the MDE app, not that I think we will actually be going! My booking is for September.

Only one sad little restaurant booking left there now ☹️

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I have two weeks booked in August a 2 bed value booked for 10th August and a standard Studio for 17th August, which are still showing.

I just can’t bring myself to cancel yet but will have to before the points end up in holding.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

I had to cancel a 2 bed value for 21st June, there were loads of rooms available then suddenly none available, is it because its in a hotel not just a stand alone DVC resort?
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have a reservation for December so hope that this doesn't get cancelled.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List