Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Disney Dream

Knowledgeable Dibbers, thoughts please?

Our August hol has fallen victim to the current pandemic, and not fancying a full three weeks of fiftieth anniversary crowds and no free dine, we've rebooked a little differently for August '21.

Week in Disney (gotta get the Galaxy's Edge fix), followed by the Disney Dream three night cruise, and seven nights DIY Keys roadtrip.

Party is me, missus, and 14y/o daughter.

Brief look at various websites, but nothing beats Dibb anecdotes, so feel free to talk Disney Dream, folks 👍

Places for a 14 year old (properly dodgy age, not a kid, but limited elsewhere)... Where we can have pint/cocktail/mocktail together for example. Apparently there's character breakfasts? Don't fancy the cover on Remy, seems a little "yikes"... Favourites on the rotating dining?

Cruise calls at Nassau and Castaway Cay, so thoughts on these?

Basically, any comments welcome, tia 👍
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

There will be a teen club for age that she can go to. As far as I'm aware the character breakfasts are only on the 7 night cruises.

Our 4 night on the dream didn't go to plan (poorly son) and we had a 3 and a 7 year old but I have the vlogs of it in my TR below.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Not an expert by any stretch but we took a very nearly 14yr girl on the Dream in November. She had a great time, loved the Vibe club, met other teens and spent loads of time with them. She'd eat dinner with us, come watch the evening show then head off to the club til 2am. I was worried she'd be bored but certainly not.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So the Tween club is amazing on the dream so I'm sure they will love it.

There are lots of bars available including 687 which looks like a proper pub, pink - champagne bar and Evolution which is set up like a night club. All are very nicely themed and drinks are great. Plus they also do tastings including mixology and champagne which are great if that is your thing.

There isn't a character breakfast on a 3 night cruise unfortunately only on 7 and over. That said there are lots of opportunities to interact with characters around the ship.

Personally I don't like Nassau so would stay onboard the ship and enjoy the pools and facilities. Castaway is beautiful and most of the staff get off to the island to work so therefore activities on the ship are limited anyway so make the most of the island.

Dining rotation I loved all three restaurants but Animators is my favourite because they do a bit of a show.
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated

Character breakfast not a great miss - we've done most at WDW, and I think tyke's more interested about the Sail Away show and the pirate event (which is scheduled for the night we leave Nassau).

I'm a pirate/history/castle geek, so will go ashore early on the Nassau stop (09:30 ashore?) for Fort Fincastle, then grab a souvenir tee from Hard Rock Nassau (not necessarily eat lunch there, always like to keep options open, even if HRC is a pretty safe bet for burger/mac 'n' cheese)… perhaps back to the ship just after lunch to make the most of it, since we won't have a sea day.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Sounds like a good plan