Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Dec 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7 days Live - Day 2

Slight change from the plan this morning. Originally we were going to the NBC today cafe for breakfast but when we got there everything had tomatoes already in it which was a no go for Dan so we decided to try the Leaky cauldron breakfast instead. This restaurant is similar to the three broomsticks where you order the food quick service style and then you are shown to a table but this time the food is brought to you.

Dan wasn’t too hungry so he had a children’s American breakfast and I went for the pancake breakfast.

Dans breakfast was a croissant, sausage, and scrambled egg. It was quite big for a kids breakfast

Mine came with 3 pancakes, butter, jam, croissant, sausage and bacon.

Each also came with a drink, I went for orange juice and Dan had a coffee

This was a fab breakfast and the best so far, pancakes were fluffy, sausage and bacon tasty and the croissant soft and yummy, as usual Dan will feedback below.

Total was $31

Edited at 01:19 AM.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

After feeling less than hungry after the trash meal at Cowfish the night before... decided on a kids sized breakfast:

Tasted fresh, huge portion despite intended audience, and the croissant was really really good.

Recommended: 8/10
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The Hogs head again

We hopped on the Hogwarts express after breakfast and managed to get on Hagrids motorbike ride in 30 minutes - the ride is fantastic.
We then decided to get another drink in the Hogs head.

I ordered a non alcoholic raspberry ice tea, this is a very sweet but refreshing drink and if you like flavored iced teas this might be up your street.

Dan had a dragon scale lager ( the same as what I had a day earlier)

Total was around $14 not including tip
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Florian Fortiscues - Diagon Alley

We then got the Hogwarts express back to Universal studios, we fancied something sweet so went to get an ice cream, they’ve started to do sundaes here now or souvenir ice cream (plastic) glasses, it was only a couple of dollars difference so we decided to get two ice soft serve ice creams in glasses to take home.

I went for chocolate mint with chocolate chips

Dan went for Chocolate Vanilla with chocolate chips and shortbread Pieces in it

Both were delicious and the bill was $21
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Those ice creams look so good!
Thanks for taking the time to do the report, it's really interesting to see what's available around Universal.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Bigfire American Fare

Our evening meal for tonight was at Bigfire American Fare, prior to going I heard relatively middle of the road reviews for this place, some good and some bad but as it is a new restaurant to Citywalk we thought we’d find out for ourselves.

We arrived at 6:50pm and were seated straight away, our server greeted us and was fantastic, he explained the menu, specials, told us what his favorites were and told us to take our time choosing our drinks - there was no rushing us here.

We had a look at the drinks menu and Dan ordered a 10 year Bulliet bourbon with Diet Coke and I ordered a raspberry lemonade cocktail which was Tito's Vodka, fresh lemonade, St. George Raspberry Liqueur.

When the drinks arrived Dans whiskey looked a little light on the coke, he sipped it and it had a lovely cherry whiskey flavor, I tried it and it was delicious, my cocktail was good but Dans drink was fantastic. Soon after the server told us the bartender had made a mistake and sent Dan the wrong drink so it was on the house, he sent the correct drink shortly after. I ordered Dans drink which turned out to be an Oaked cherry Manhattan.

For our entrees I ordered lamb chops and Dan ordered the 8oz Filet mignon. You get two sides each, we both chose pork belly Mac n cheese and Dan had fries whilst I had smashed potatoes.

The food was lovely, not amazing but really good. Not a patch on the yachtsman steakhouse though but also not the same price.

We decided on getting some desserts too

I chose the baked Alaska which is set on fire at the table, it’s great entertainment and the dessert was delicious 😋

Dan had the chocolate skillet cake which came with bourbon ice cream, he enjoyed this and will make comments at some point. He also has a photo of it too.

We loved this meal, the atmosphere was lovely, service fantastic and the food great, we will definitely return.

Bill came to $135.79 minus tip
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Now this is more like it.

The beer was good on a warm day and refreshing. I always imagine theme park beer to be a bit trashy but they nail it here.

Ice cream: it’s all themed to Floreans so big expectations to meet. 5 visits in, it still never disappoints. Went soft scoop for a change and it was really good. Soft, scoopy, and loaded with bits.

It isn’t the cheapest ice cream but it’s worth it.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Now on to big fire.

Read and watched some variable reviews but suspect it’s early teething problems as it’s only been open a few months.

Super attentive server and quickly sat down meant we felt welcomed without being rushed.

A substantial whiskey menu meant I had to indulge. Ordered a 12yr Bulliet and coke. Ended up with a cherry Manhattan. When server returned, he already knew and had my actual drink in hand. So free drink for me, won’t complain.

Ordered the filet mignon. Ordered medium and got medium. Nice flavour, not as seasoned or tender as say the yachtsman... but a good to great steak none the less.

Sides were thick fries and a mac & cheese. The mac was the only underwhelming part. Just a bit flat tasting.

Had chocolate cake for dessert. Tasted good with a boozy ice cream. Very nice!

Overall, a good meal with excellent service. 7/10.

Edited at 12:18 PM.