Notices

Old 6 Apr 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Just been reading your pre trip report. In light of all the issues of Covid19, do you think your daughter and yourself may have contracted it?

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Just been reading your pre trip report. In light of all the issues of Covid19, do you think your daughter and yourself may have contracted it?
Before our trip, you mean? I'm really not sure but I don't think so, I think it was something else. My daughter had pneumonia, which she had last year as well, but that was in December, and I had a bad case of the flu over the holidays. Neither of us had the dry cough that seems to be an obvious symptom, and I haven't heard any official news of COVID-19 doing the rounds in Europe that early on, unless I missed it?

After our trip you mean - definitely nope! We came home on March 17, and immediately went into self-isolation. My daughter and myself did not leave the house for 14 full days, and my husband only went out once for an hour to get groceries because we couldn't get an online delivery slot. All of us stayed totally healthy, we didn't even develop so much as a cold!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
I was thinking this just now as well. Nothingless, did you have a swab to test for flu? I know they are done routinely if you go to the Dr with symptoms in the US but not the UK. Not everyone has a bad sore throat. I have heard so many people say they were sick with something "nothing like anything they have had before" around Christmas that it seems very strange.
Old 8 Apr 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I was thinking this just now as well. Nothingless, did you have a swab to test for flu? I know they are done routinely if you go to the Dr with symptoms in the US but not the UK. Not everyone has a bad sore throat. I have heard so many people say they were sick with something "nothing like anything they have had before" around Christmas that it seems very strange.
No, I was never tested for the flu! We live in the Netherlands, and they don't do flu tests here either. It's just the usual "stay in bed and hydrate" advice. I can definitely attest that I've never been that sick in my adult life - I suppose it could have been anything, as I never really had a real flu either!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
No, I was never tested for the flu! We live in the Netherlands, and they don't do flu tests here either. It's just the usual "stay in bed and hydrate" advice. I can definitely attest that I've never been that sick in my adult life - I suppose it could have been anything, as I never really had a real flu either!
It is so hard to know. It will be interesting if they start doing tests to see who has already had it. A friend in the UK almost definitely did without ever needing to even ring his doctor. He had been out for a meal with a group of friends. One developed severe symptoms shortly after including coughing up blood and I believe tested positive. My friend then developed an unusual cough, slight fever that lasted on and off for days, painful joints and exhaustion that lasted for a week. He never normally gets ill and is extremely healthy. He treats food like medicine, is vegan except for fish, swims and practices yoga constantly. He also practices the Winn Hoff breathing technique and continued to do so while unwell. This could be why he never developed breathing problems or a chest infection. There have been reports here that deep breathing and keeping moving can really help.

There must be loads of children who have been exposed without getting seriously ill too.

It is amazing how lucky you were with your timing. I live 5 minutes from Windsor Hills and it is surreal how quiet it is here now with no tourists.
Old 8 Apr 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Yup - it definitely makes you wonder about having been so ill around late Dec/early Jan! I'd actually love a test to see if I've had it, because I still can't quite believe none of us got sick after coming home from Disney on March 17!

Oh wow yeah, it must be so odd for you living so close! Are the roads very quiet, traffic wise?
Old 8 Apr 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Yup - it definitely makes you wonder about having been so ill around late Dec/early Jan! I'd actually love a test to see if I've had it, because I still can't quite believe none of us got sick after coming home from Disney on March 17!

Oh wow yeah, it must be so odd for you living so close! Are the roads very quiet, traffic wise?
The roads right around here are very quiet. I have to drive to downtown Orlando once a week for my daughter's physical therapy appointment. I4 was much quieter than normal but not "dead". I came back via Orange Blossom Trail and was surprised at how many cars there were although not normal levels.

I recieved notice yesterday of a very unexpected result of the lack of tourists. Our lawns are irrigated by reclaimed water. There is a shortage and we are being asked to limit watering to 2 set days a week. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was due to ths lack of rain we have had for 2 months but that isn't it at all. Instead it is because the 4 Corners area is so low on tourists that enough sewerage waste isn't being generated for the plant to treat!
Old 15 Apr 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just catching up on your planning & trip report. It’s going to be a nice bit of escapism from the horrors of COVID-19. I can feel your excitement reading your plans back in Jan/Feb.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

Sounds like an amazing trip! Can’t wait to start reading

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List