Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Apr 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I cut my DS 16’ s hair with a clipper. He now looks like Kim Jong Un and is not happy 😃
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
I cut my DS 16’ s hair with a clipper. He now looks like Kim Jong Un and is not happy 😃
Just laughed out loud at this in the office at work 😂
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I always cut hubbys. It’s a 1 all over so easy. Can’t really get it wrong.
Hubby cut mine and eldest. Both had long hair. Think he did a good job. Better that the one Scarlett got last year the night before we were going on holiday and they cut it wonky
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Nobody is touching mine! But mine is pretty long, all one length andno fringe or colour so can go quite a while without a cut.

Oh cuts his own anyway. DS14 is going to let me try to cut his today (although realised our clippers are old and a bit naff but can't get any more as all sold out!).

DS10 won't let me near him to cut it. yet!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jazzmic View Post
After losing mam and dad in a matter of 9 weeks apart then covid 19 kicked in i have bought a bottle of wine and a ultra violet hair dye hacked off my hair i have rebelled at 60 got drunk and dyed my hair purple its great asked the family do they want any of there hair cut but they have all backed away thought i looked good

Janie
So sorry to hear about your loss x
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I cut OHs regularly with clippers and he looks fine so same old same old for him. There is no way anyone except my hairdresser is doing mine but at minute I'm embracing it, the greys are natural highlights, I have short hair that is well overdue a cut but I just think sod it and by time my hairdresser is back I can try a new hairstyle as I'll have more hair. When I walk the dog I put my hood up or walk in woods where no one can see me lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My son is desperate
Lol one side of his hair is generally long but now all of it can pretty much go in a band
Not cool
My fringe has grown so much I can tie it into the bun I’m keeping the rest of my hair in to try minimise the look of the roots
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
Cut my fringe tonight using the twist method and it actually looks ok.
What’s the twist method?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

I cut my DS2 (age 24) at the weekend, used clippers in an attempt to do a fade at the sides and back and chopped at the top with hair scissors. To be honest it's not bad for a first attempt but I do have a new found admiration for professional hair stylists who makes it look so easy! Son is reasonably happy but his hair is so thick it's hard to see if I've made any mistakes

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post

My daughter is one of these people who can turn her hand to anything. I asked her a fortnight ago what she though about having a go at cutting my hair which is very thick and wiry and had started to look grim.

She thought for a second or two and said okay, I'm game.

I gave her a pair of blunt scissors that must be coming up to twenty years old that I use to cut my fringe when necessary.

We decided to just take a tiny amount of just in case of you what and to both our surprise she did a stellar job.

I ordered a decent pair of hair scissors off Amazon and a comb and she had another go this weekend. I've paid money for cuts that weren't as good as this.

I can't wait for my regular hairdresser to see it when this is all over.

When she come in from works, she calls out, "How's Silvie with the good hair"! Cracks me up...

A lot of her colleagues at work have been touching their hair up with box colours and they look great, they intend to carry on after everything settles down.

It's surprising what you can do when you have to ...

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List