Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a family party, ears and all celebrating a year to our wdw holiday, should have flown 10 am today, a lot worse happening in the world, we are here, we are well (so far) keep well everyone

Del
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I can’t remember what we were doing this time last year but it’s got to be more exciting than this year. Shopping, eating out and looking forward to my birthday and a meal out. Ds was still in England and we went to TGI fridays for a meal to celebrate my birthday and him leaving , he was all excited about his new life in Toronto. Since then his fiancée has got MS, been sacked because of her illness and their wedding is going to probably be cancelled, their trip to NYC cancelled for her 30th due to Corona, Still they got engaged and he has a great job and a company jeep and she has a better job! Things can only get better! 💪👍🙏
Old 11 May 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This weekend just gone we had enjoyed a great family weekend celebrating my nieces first holy communion...
this year we should have been celebrating her sisters day this weekend just gone but it is on hold.
Also last year we were in the midst of planning our 23 day Florida trip to Miami, The Keys and Orlando and this year we are accepting our holiday to Crete wont be happening in July.

But we are all healthy, managing as best we can with work, school and the girls. We realise we are lucky compared to many including my best friend who lost her Dad on Sat and can't even have a proper funeral for him.
Old 11 May 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I was driving back home from Southampton after a weeks cruise. Was looking forward to our first holiday at Disney in a few weeks time.

This year we have missed our cruise at Easter and I should be getting on a plane in less than 48 hours.

2019 was definitely a better year.

Can we fast forward
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
That must have been tough being away when she was born!
It was but the holiday had been booked for almost a year when we found out she was on the way so just had to suck it up.
It’s harder now though as we haven’t seen her for 2 months or any of our other grandchildren 😥
Old 11 May 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
It was but the holiday had been booked for almost a year when we found out she was on the way so just had to suck it up.
It’s harder now though as we haven’t seen her for 2 months or any of our other grandchildren 😥
Please do t think for one moment you were wrong to go. I have been in a very similar position and I made the same choices you did.
Old 11 May 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I was on the last day of a girls holiday with 5 of my closest friends. I should have been going back to the same place with my family in 2 weeks. Would love to be lying in the sun with a cocktail in my hand right now!
I'm grateful though to be working from my safe home with my children. Could be worse.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymad42013
Excited about Disney

DD was in the middle of her GCSE's and getting ready for prom and I had just found out that the job I had applied for at my school I surprised myself and managed to get it which meant I wasn't going to be made redundant from my then currant job - it was a very big relief with lots of celebrations.
Disney Caribbean Beach Honeymoon Sept 2003, Disney Caribbean Beach March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2006, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2009, DLP Sequoia March 2013,DLP Sequoia Lodge New Year 2015-2016,WDW POR Aug 2016, DLP Disneyland Hotel Castle Club New Year 2016/17, Sequoia New Year 2017/2018, Cheyenne Aug 2019, Sequoia New Year 2019/20
disneymad42013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We were travelling Route 66 and enjoying every second of it .

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's just over a year since we came back from our favourite (8th trip) hotel in Benalmadena. Missed this year so hoping for maybe October.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List