Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 May 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPunk
Trying for More Ears

DisneyPunk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
ADR tomorrow

Tomorrow is normally an exciting day for us, ADR day, serious planning commences
We are booked in an All Star family room for 3 weeks in November, flying Virgin as usual

No confirmation that the flights are going ahead let alone whether our holiday is going ahead
We are also booked for Overnight Premier Inn at Gatwick North 🤪

Anyone else in this situation?
We will start the ADR as usual with our fingers crossed
DisneyPunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Our ADR date is Thursday so I might book some in. I normally only book one or 2 meals in as we just pitch up and get a table on the day/night when there is just the 2 of us travelling. With all the possible changes to restaurant numbers and bookings, I think I might book a few places.

Like you, I don’t know if the holiday will go ahead, but as we have Avios flights booked and DVC at Boardwalk we can cancel in October if need be.

It does seem strange though, planning for something that might not happen!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

We booked all our ADRs for mid Sep and I have developed a whole schedule around them...
We know we may not be going but it made me happy to continue ‘as normal’ for the time being.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dodgeintrepid
Excited about Disney

Our window opens up Friday. Will book everything that I wanted to get but if I’m really honest my hearts not in it.

Edited at 02:06 PM.
dodgeintrepid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPunk
Trying for More Ears

DisneyPunk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We use the ADRs as a starting point for planning
We have our must dos, we go most years so have our favorites
DisneyPunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

My ADR booking date is coming up soon, I’m still going to book the places I want with fingers crossed I can go
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyPunk View Post
We use the ADRs as a starting point for planning
We have our must dos, we go most years so have our favorites
See, I am the opposite. FP+ is my starting point for planning (which is normally governed by when Premier a league matches are being played). We tend to book ESPN when the football is shown, book lunch at BOG Too. However, we tend to use our Landry’s card for Yak & Yeti etc so just rock up and get a table. We love Ale & Compass and can always get a table there and we don’t have character or buffet meals anymore.

As the previous poster said too, my heart isn’t really in it. I’m going to try and plan some meals tomorrow to see if I can get more excited about it.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyPunk View Post
Tomorrow is normally an exciting day for us, ADR day, serious planning commences
We are booked in an All Star family room for 3 weeks in November, flying Virgin as usual

No confirmation that the flights are going ahead let alone whether our holiday is going ahead
We are also booked for Overnight Premier Inn at Gatwick North 🤪

Anyone else in this situation?
We will start the ADR as usual with our fingers crossed
We will hopefully be there in November too- our flights with virgin have been moved to heathrow today so thinking positive
I will be booking our adrs in a few days and if we can't go I'll just cancel them all again

We're staying at all stars and don't have the dining plan (still in 2 minds whether to bother or pay oop) I'm thinking I'll book everything we'd do if we were on the plan in case we do decide to add it as thinking they may still be working at reduced capacity so it might be harder to find tables esp closer to the time?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List