Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 May 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I keep checking the tracking, not that it is likely to change haha... excited to open all the different pods. I guess this means I also need to get a pod holder...

Although having just looked i think i'll pass, they are so expensive! a little clear shelf with a drawer is £40! i don't think so... i'll put them in a tub.
I got a black pod drawer in Bed bath and beyond. It sits under my Latissimo machine. It was much cheaper. (For future reference)!
I have the Aldi pods. DS1 has a bean to cup machine at home, but did a blind testing of various make pods at work and Aldi came out top. He loves a strong black espresso!
Old 28 May 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know how to get the machine to do an espresso for example instead of the mug size? I like the hazelino but it makes a mug size which is way way too much at most I want 80ml double espresso size as I like a very milky/latte drink. I did google it and they suggested that you hold the button down and release when you want it to stop, saying that this also reprogrammes that pod to do that going forward. I tried... it didn't stop! lol

Bit annoying that out of all those 10 packs you get free I think only 1 was espresso size... majority were mug, which is fine but I just need to figure out how to make them smaller!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Does anyone know how to get the machine to do an espresso for example instead of the mug size? I like the hazelino but it makes a mug size which is way way too much at most I want 80ml double espresso size as I like a very milky/latte drink. I did google it and they suggested that you hold the button down and release when you want it to stop, saying that this also reprogrammes that pod to do that going forward. I tried... it didn't stop! lol

Bit annoying that out of all those 10 packs you get free I think only 1 was espresso size... majority were mug, which is fine but I just need to figure out how to make them smaller!
If you just want the espresso size (or thats what you want most of the time) you are better off with the original nespresso systems, the VERTUO was designed to allow users to make larger drinks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

yea I know, but I got the vertuo because of the offer and also DH has larger drinks so it works for both of us, not just me.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Try starting the pod off then stopping it when you get to your desired level then add your milk. Since the pod is not fully discharged you could use it again to make another one , to stop it just one quick tap on the button should do it not holding the button down.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thank you! will try that next time.

Old 28 May 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mmahon1974 View Post
The milk frother is going to be in Aldi this weekend. It is on their website saying it will be available from 31 May.
Thanks so much for the heads up
Mamie Baldwin is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
We just did a little spread sheet and now have 3 or 4 that we like enough to reorder. You could also try separate containers, if you like a pod put the rest of that type in a “reorder” container or just write down the ones you like
Thanks for the ideas
Mamie Baldwin is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I just ordered a vertuo, we already have an original but the new varieties on vertuo are nicer than those on the original machine. It will be here tomorrow
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Does anyone have any bright ideas of how to keep track of which pods you like and which you don’t? I had hoped the app would allow you to do this but it doesn’t.

Thanks
Pam
Sadly no... What I did (over the last half year I've been drinking Nespresso) is just to vaguely remember what I like and what I don't. So now I know I don't like Roma or Kazaar, but I really like Arpeggio and Capriccio and rather like Napoli. So just keep ordering more of what I like with the occasional sleeve of something different just to try.

I do drink rather a lot of coffee though! I think most recently the most I've drank in one day was possibly (I lost count) 7 capsules as espressos at one point last week - was really tired that day - so I get through pods very quickly and have a good idea of what I like!