Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
You sound like you can be strong - now is the time to be strong. Do what you think is best, doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. We will be here to support you 😘

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by flumpsmum View Post
Thankyou for taking the time to post. I have secured my passport & other important documents & I have spent a few hours reading up on separation, the legal & emotional side. He has returned & apologised but it’s just not good enough this time around. I’m 48 & don’t want to feel like this any longer. In the past I have brushed things under the carpet & normalised the behaviour, I think not wanting to give up on so many years together & being afraid of being by myself & not being financially secure. I don’t know what will happen or how I will feel in a day or two but I do know he/we need help IF we decide to stay together.
I really want to say Thankyou for all your kind support, I also struggle with mental illness (severe anxiety) so it truly does mean a lot. X
I hope things work out for you. You have done well to read up on your options. 30 years together is a long time, and I can understand your fears about the future if you break up, and your wish to try to keep your marriage. I hope your DH will realise that you can’t continue as you are, and maybe accept counselling together.

If things are still bad, then the organisations would help you. It would be difficult at first, financially and emotionally, but with help you could get through it and life could be good. Take care and again, good luck.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just checking in with you, hope all is ok.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
flumpsmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loopylooloo, Thankyou. Trying not to make any rash decisions at the moment. Feeling pretty low again today but luckily I’m on a very long shift at work so it is mostly taking my mind off things. X
flumpsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by flumpsmum View Post
Loopylooloo, Thankyou. Trying not to make any rash decisions at the moment. Feeling pretty low again today but luckily I’m on a very long shift at work so it is mostly taking my mind off things. X
It’s good to take your time and consider your options. I hope things have settled a little better at home now xx Please don’t be afraid to contact any of the organisations, they won’t force you into any decisions, just listen to you and give you emotional support if you need it. We are always here to chat to if you want to, either on the thread or pm xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I hope you are ok, flumpsmum

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't have any extra advice, as I know a lot of people have already posted some great advice and contact information, but I also don't want to read and run. I really hope that you're okay, and I'm glad that you're able to get out of the house to work so you have something to distract yourself x
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List