Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I got a real positive this morning. The extra Quidco discount came through for our Disney booking. So another £63 paid back to me on top of £200 I’d already received months ago! Bizzare! Wasn’t expecting that. 😂 👍🏻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I got a real positive this morning. The extra Quidco discount came through for our Disney booking. So another £63 paid back to me on top of £200 I’d already received months ago! Bizzare! Wasn’t expecting that. 😂 👍🏻

Kat
:o if I cancel quidco will take the £130 back! Don't know why they paid it out before I went.

I now need a positive to balance this out...

Nope. Can't think. I'll come back with something later!
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Simon and Suzann: The idea of playing hard ball turns on whether they want as many guests as possible to keep their reservations, or are they looking to cut the numbers down? No-one seems to know. The fact that they are offering 35% to US guests suggests they want to retain bookings maybe, or is that just an attempt at good PR?

The resort mugs should be available to buy for $20, but you have got me wondering if they will do away with them altogether. Like you say, if you will be in the resort more, that will be a big deal.
I was tongue in cheek with the hard ball - whatever they come up with will be down to people to personally decide to accept or not. TBH we most probably aren't doing Disney as way too many things against it but let's wait and see what they offer us.

My worry is getting days in the parks - Fastpass is a nightmare sometimes to get things, so what if you go to book days and over lets say a 2 week period you can only get 4 park visits
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
If you want to check the balance it's the manage my booking page. Googling "Disney Holidays manage my booking" gets there.
Thanks for that, must not show on the app on my phone then or i wasn't looking in the right place but can see it on works PC.

We still got DDP showing - maybe they missed us and we will be getting fed after all and if we also get a discount it would be a double bonus. In my
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I honestly think I’m all out of positivity right now. The civil unrest in the USA along with Disney dragging their feet on what’s going on for international travellers and having no idea what BA are doing is just too much. Yes the U.K. government may soon have to cave in the quarantine rule due to both pressure from companies and the fact that it’s too little far too late. Infections and sadly deaths have already happened here. That may have been avoided if there had already been a quarantine in place before last December. If you can’t keep a rule applicable to all then don’t bother since it then becomes moot point..
The Covid19 virus is still going to be present somewhere and can be transmitted by anyone yes even international footballers or a commercial travellers. Anyone could be a carrier and not have symptoms so for the love of everyone’s safety keep socially distancing and washing your hands regularly too. Things are going to be different moving forward.
I’m going to do my bit again reminding folks the lockdown isn’t over and we still must social distance again today. I’m going to try not to think about the current problems in the USA with both their people and with our vacation plans ,but it’s hard to think we may not be back there any time soon..
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
unitedtrekkie
Getting Excited

Thumbs up Me too!

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm booked for September and staying positive 😀
I'm booked 14th Sept - 9th Oct... staying positive too
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by unitedtrekkie View Post
I'm booked 14th Sept - 9th Oct... staying positive too
13th September for me 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Kat
I’m gutted because mine for some reason didn’t show (a couple of years ago I was surprised when they paid it even before my trip). It’s been in dispute for months now, and that was at the lesser price for only 1 person before I added the rest of the family on.
I have now booked 5 nights at HRH club room and then left 2 nights to maybe go to St Augustine (the hotel we want doesn’t do free cancellation but only 1 room left that will sleep us!)and then 2 nights at portofino. That works out a good few hundred cheaper than my Disney hotel even if they discount by 35%. I’m still hoping Disney will offer something good though.
Our villa has to be paid in 3 weeks though for AMI and the owner has said if he’s not allowed to rent to international guests by then he will cancel our booking and return our money. I’m gutted because I think they will allow international guests just wont announce it within 3 weeks.
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've never received any of the Quidco cashback for the Disney booking I made last June. Mind you, I've only paid the deposit at this time and none of the balance, so that might be why.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've never received any of the Quidco cashback for the Disney booking I made last June. Mind you, I've only paid the deposit at this time and none of the balance, so that might be why.
I haven’t paid our balance either. I was very surprised to get the emails this morning! I originally booked at 4% cash back and they paid 3% out months ago, so I put in a claim for the extra 1% (I wasn’t expecting to get it though) which is what they’ve just paid out. It’s very odd as you’d of thought that Quidco payments would’ve been stopped for the time being. 🤔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List