Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Question Decisions, decisions and a huge change

👋 hiiiii, hope you’re all well

New joiner to the forum but been reading it for a while, found so much advice from here when planning my latest trip

We were due to go in May... Husband and I saved hard for 3 years for our Disney World holiday, never stayed on site only int drive twice before and it has been my dream for so long. So we went for it - moderate, free dining upgraded to ddp, ultimate ticks etc! All booked direct through Disney and we had virgin reward flights.

Changed it all to November this year - was kinda excited about seeing all the Xmas decs. Then lockdown happened and oooops...

I’m now pregnant (unplanned 1st pregnancy at 36 years old! )

With all the changes announced this week I’m not TOO bummed about this years holiday being put on hold - heartbreaking watching all my ADRs slowly disappear off MDE!

Anyway now we have a big decision to make - considering taking flights as open ticket and possibly using them in May 22 or sept 22 - baby would be 16 mnths or 20 mnths.

I appreciate everyone has got an opinion on what the ‘right’ age for kids at Disney world is, but I’m really asking for help deciding whether to take all the refunds or move what elements we can. Out of those two months which do you think would be better?!

Ahhh such a curveball

Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

I’m all for moving it, but wait to see if Disney give you a nice discount first before rebooking, like they have for US bookings. We did this when I found out I was pregnant and it was nice having something to aim for (we went for baby’s first Birthday). It ended up being one of the best holidays ever.
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Ooh good idea I hadn’t thought of Disney offering a discount! We’ve got a little time, I don’t plan on doing anything with bookings etc until I’m a little further on. I feel like I’d rather move it as like you say it’s nice to have something to look forward to, husband is a little on the fence saying maybe we should have the money 🤷🤷

Glad to hear it was a great holiday 😂, what was it like taking a one year old? X
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

With Virgin I would take a refund, for Disney, see what discount they offer you.
Never been in May or September, but September is hurricane season!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
neilopafc
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We took our little one for his 2nd birthday and we had a great time so id say 16 or 20 months you would have a great time :-D

Originally Posted by R L A View Post

New joiner to the forum but been reading it for a while, found so much advice from here when planning my latest trip

We were due to go in May... Husband and I saved hard for 3 years for our Disney World holiday, never stayed on site only int drive twice before and it has been my dream for so long. So we went for it - moderate, free dining upgraded to ddp, ultimate ticks etc! All booked direct through Disney and we had virgin reward flights.

Changed it all to November this year - was kinda excited about seeing all the Xmas decs. Then lockdown happened and oooops...

With all the changes announced this week I’m not TOO bummed about this years holiday being put on hold - heartbreaking watching all my ADRs slowly disappear off MDE!

Anyway now we have a big decision to make - considering taking flights as open ticket and possibly using them in May 22 or sept 22 - baby would be 16 mnths or 20 mnths.

I appreciate everyone has got an opinion on what the ‘right’ age for kids at Disney world is, but I’m really asking for help deciding whether to take all the refunds or move what elements we can. Out of those two months which do you think would be better?!

Ahhh such a curveball

Xx
neilopafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Good to hear 😁😁😁
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I have been in May and September. I think crowd levels were lower in September although not too bad in May either. The weather was much hotter and more humid in September we found it much harder going. For that reason, I would pick May over September.

You aren’t going t get a refund out of Virgin as your flight has not been cancelled yet, or has it?
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

No my flight hasn’t been cancelled- it’s a reward flight so only taxes paid and prepared to lost the £30 pp canx fee if need too. Both myself and husband have jobs related to tourism industry so we totally understand what pressure travel companies are under at the mo and understand refunds will be a long wait.

We went in May last time and I did enjoy it, so I’m prob leaning towards that rather than sept, only consideration is that baby will be on the younger side. But lots of good feedback about taking a toddler so 👍👍
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
robby-99
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
With Virgin I would take a refund, for Disney, see what discount they offer you.
Never been in May or September, but September is hurricane season!
Florida hurricane season is June 1 to November 30.
robby-99 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by R L A View Post

Ahhh such a curveball

Xx
Hi - just wanted to say 'congratulations'! What a fabulous surprise! I didn't take my children to disney until the youngest was 4 so nothing really practical to add. Although most people even then said that was too young, they won't remember it etc... my response was "ill remember it" and i do, and it was amazing! You'll make it work whatever you decide x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List