Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Current booking with Avios points

We have a hotel booked with avios points which I think is non refundable. Looks like our BA flight will be cancelled as it’s not showing on their website anymore. Has anyone had any luck claiming back points and if so, how did you do it?
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I would have thought your points refund would be automatic if they have cancelled your flight.

I have recently cancelled two Avios flights. The first one I cancelled online in the usual way as I cancelled very early on. When I came to cancel the next one, it was no longer possible online so I rang them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

We had an issue last year with a flight we booked taking a discount with some Avios. Basically they didn't take enough points off and they took more money of our CC than we were expecting. I though it was going to be a nightmare to sort out but they were amazing when we called- I'd give BA a ring.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

If it is a separate booking from your flight then I believe it is a stand alone booking. I have had an avios hotel refunded automatically because the hotel wasnt actually open, maybe check that the hotel is operating.

However, if it is open then I dont know how you stand, could go either way. It's a bit like a seperate villa booking, if the villa is available they have fulfilled their part of the contract.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would have thought your points refund would be automatic if they have cancelled your flight.

I have recently cancelled two Avios flights. The first one I cancelled online in the usual way as I cancelled very early on. When I came to cancel the next one, it was no longer possible online so I rang them.
The difference is Avios flights are refundable
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
The difference is Avios flights are refundable
I know? I thought OP was asking about flights.
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I know? I thought OP was asking about flights.
Oh, though she was asking about seperate hotel avios booking!
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Oh, though she was asking about seperate hotel avios booking!
Could have been. I read it as though they had accepted they had lost the hotels. But I could be wrong.
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Ahh maybe
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you checked what the hotel is offering at the minute? We had hotels booked for summer and all of them are now offering free cancellation - some until Aug 31 and some for the rest of the year. If your hotel is offering cancellations then BA should have your Avios back without issue.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List